Saturday, January 23, 2021

Saturday and More Reading

 I got a good night's sleep last night but was still up a little after 4:00AM.  I dressed, had my breakfast and coffee and Chai and even a breakfast bar. At 6:30AM, I texted Bob to see if he was alright...and he was. He had just slept in a while longer. It was nearly 6:30AM when he finally texted me. He was on his way to the shower then.

I fed four cats their breakfast and gave them some fresh water. Scruffie was also out there this morning.  Then after they had eaten, I took their dishes in.

I downloaded some more books from Amazon. I can have ten and if I download another, they take one of the ones I have already read back. Modern technology is wonderful! It was cold today so mostly I stayed in and read.

I ate the rest of Suzanne's soup for my lunch. It was very good. I texted her my appreciation of it. She said  she had more soups in her freezer and she would dig some more out for me. Suzanne is so good to me! She also brought me some more papers. I gave her the Reporters she had loaned to me to give to Judy. I had some nice crackers and some more cheddar cheese so I fixed that and some fruit punch to go with her soup. I also ate some grapes.Then I had an ice cream bar for dessert.

Janet, manager of our senior center in Coffeyville, called me this afternnoon and asked me if I wanted her to put me on her vaccine list. The Coffeyville health department asked her to make a list of seniors who would take an appointment for the vaccine. I had her put me on her list. I told her I was 85 and definitely eligible. 

Then the rest of the day, except for a trip to the post office outside box, where I dropped in some mail to go out, I just read in my new books. 

I heard from Gay today. Stan and Adele (her sister) are selling their cute little house in town and moving out with her. She has that nice large double wide and 40 acres for the horses and has tried to mainly take care of all that by herself since Tony died. Stan and Adele help some with the horses. After they get moved in and after their  furniture auction, she wants me to come visit. We will see what the pandemic is doing by that time.

After I left the post office I drove by Nancy's and tried calling while parked in front of her house. Then I got out and rand the doorbell. I never could raise her though. So I went out to Dollar General and got some bandaids and some more popcorn.  Then I came back home and finished the book I had been reading and then watched some of my recorded programs on TV.   

I had asked John when it would be convenient for me to come see their new litter of puppies and he suggested Sunday morning. I told him that would work fine for me. Leslie texted me this evening and suggested I come at 10:00AM tomorrow and watch the 11:00AM worship service with her online and then stay for lunch and the Chief's football game in the afternoon. I was delighted! 

She is making her meatballs and veggies and salad. I offered to bring one of Jay's Amish pies. I called Jay to make sure he would be open on Sunday and to see if he had any pies. He told me he planned to be open by at least 11:00AM and had two cherry pies, two apple pies, two cream pies and two pecan pies. I thought I might take pecan pie again. For Christmas I took cherry pie. For Thanksgiving I took pecan pie.

I took my bath at 7:00PM and will read until 9:00PM when I plan to go on to bed.

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

My sister, age 93, got her covid vaccine last week. I imagine my medicare AARP will let me know when I can get mine, since they're always pushing us to get our flu shot when it's time. My sister said her son got her an appointment: you have to get online in Oklahoma, find where they have shots available, and sign up. My sister, her son, and her daughter-in-law each went to a different place to get vaccinated because that's where the appointments were available. Trump refused to do anything about the pandemic, and I feel he is responsible for the shortages.