Friday, April 16, 2021

Friday and Early Rising

 I slept fitfully last night and woke up several times. I finally got up shortly before 5:00AM and made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I had Nancy's situation on my mind. He son is having Visiting Angels come five days a week and fix her meals. The only days they will not be there are Tuesday and Wednesday. So if I want to visit her or take her to lunch or for a drive, it will have to be Tuesday or Wednesday or both. The poor woman is trapped in her own home among strangers. It will be interesting to see how that works out. She is so depressed she slept all day yesterday.

I have had my breakfast now and am working on my Chai Latte.  Soon I will go in the living room and turn on the TV for the "weather on the 8's" to see if we are still getting rain today.

Sure enough we are having rain this Friday, next Tuesday and Thursday. That's bad news. My kids are coming in to Tulsa airport on Tuesday and driving a rental car to Caney and their anniversary is Thursday and they leave Friday to fly back to Phoenix. Spring weather is so uncertain.

More later... 

I read most of the afternoon and didn't eat my lunch until nearly 3:00PM. Even then I had a frozen meal. I called Nancy mid afternoon but could not raise her. If I were going to guess,I would say she was sleeping.

I dropped a couple of things by the post office mid afternoon but otherwise went back to first my sermon and second the latest book. I ate another breakfast bar for my supper. I usually have a banana.

At about 5:00PM, I fed the three cats their leftovers from breakfast.

I had a text from Leslie saying they were back home from Roaring River. She offered to help me with the service on Sunday. I asked her to help me with the oblation remarks and she agreed. I tried to e-mail her the scripture for the oblation and also the bulletin but I tried twice and she could not receive it. I ended up sending it to her church address and she got that. She will use recorded music since we are not able to sing during the pandemic.

Sometime before 7:00PM, I took my bath and prepared to go to bed at 9:00PM. My Kindle is being charged again so I can't read. It's nearly 8:00PM now but that's too early to go to bed.I'll try to find something on TV or play solitaire.

4 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Would you even be able to visit her on the days while the care taker is there? That is a shame because you take her out and get her out of the house and have some fun together. Well, at least she isn't having to go into a nursing home, and you have a couple of days you can visit her. I hope the care person that comes to her home is a nice, kind person.

Margie's Musings said...

Gina, her cousin's wife, and the authoritative one, doesn't want me to come when the Visiting Angels are there. So that leaves Tuesday and Wednesday. It's a tragedy.

Galla Creek said...

Looks like anyone would know that getting out is what will help her the most.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I feel sorry for Nancy that she will only get to socialize with her friends so few days a week.