Monday, April 12, 2021

Monday and Mowing Again

 I don't know when I have slept until 6:30AM but I did last night.  Strange.... I changed my bed this morning and did a load of laundry. I just put that load in the dryer. I have now had my breakfast and it's just now 7:52AM. That's the latest I have been getting around in I don't know how long. I got the dry laundry folded and put away.

I did take a few moments to feed the three cats. As usual, it was Inky, Blondie and Scruf (Scruffie's cat (kitten) from her last litter. I took their food out the front door without incident. Sometimes they won't move away from the door and I am afraid one of them will try to come in the apartment. Blondie is the worst offender of that.

Now I need to go watch  "the weather on the 8's". I am hoping the yard will get mowed after school today. It really needs it now. We are forecast for rain on Friday.

More later... 

I went up the the new Caney Market to get my bananas and some Tide.  It will be interesting to see just how the prices compare. Nevertheless, I intend to give them my business. What more I may spend on groceries will be offset by the cost of gas to go out of town to buy groceries cheaper. It is 9:44AM now and I will go back to watching the CBS morning news.

I have been working on Sunday's sermon and will post it here on Sunday after church for Sister -Three who asked me to do that.

It is 12:56PM now and I will go check my mail and eat my lunch. Time got away from me.

More later... 

I ended up going out to Sonic and getting the child's Wacky Pack with chicken and french fries and a small coke. That's what I was hungry for. It had been awhile since I had done that.

When I got home I baked my cake for the First Christian Church  in Independence. I iced it and after it was cool I froze it later in the afternoon. I will go over to Coffeyville tomorrow and pick up Phyllis' and Karan's and put my own in the trunk of my car with theirs.

About 5:30PM, the teenager that mows for me came and mowed and I trimmed. I ran out of cord and could not get the new cord to snap in. Her stepdad helped me and after awhile he finally got it in and then I finished trimming the back yard and swept off the walk. I got my blower out, backed out my car, and blew out the garage. It has needed it for awhile so I finally got it done.  The yard was really looking terrible. It had been two weeks since she mowed it the first time. It looks a lot better now. She doesn't do a really great job but for $25.00 she is a bargain. Especially since I can no longer do it myself....disgustingly enough! I could sure use the exercise. Sitting around for a year has really zapped my strength. I did manage to get the lid off the gas can this time and refilled the mower. I also blew off the mower. It really needs to be washed. Maybe later tomorrow I will take it around to the back and wash it off with the hose.

Then I came in and took my bath. I will watch the CBS evening news that I had recorded and then read awhile until I go to bed about 9:00PM, That will be awhile. It's only 7:03PM now. 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Thank you for sharing your sermon. I love them.

Margie's Musings said...

I will post it on Sunday's blog, Sister-Three. I am flattered that you read them. Thank you!