Sunday, April 11, 2021

Sunday and Church

 We are having "in building" church again this morning at 11:00AM...no Church School yet...that may be too much closeness during the pandemic.

I was up at 5:00AM, made my bed and dressed and had my breakfast. In a little while, after I get the morning's posting started here on the blog, I will make my coffeecake up for church. Whatever is left I will send home with Kelly and take some back home for Nancy.

I haven't had the "weather on the 8's" on yet either. That will be first and then I will check out the cats. Then I will get that coffeecake in the oven.

The "weather on the 8's" says we will not get any more rain until Friday. 

So more later.... 

May be an image of cat and indoor 

These are the three cats I am still feeding Inky, Blondie and Scruf. Scruf is from Scruffie''s second litter...the only one of the two that survived. The litter mate was the one that was run over by a car and left in the street to be run over again. I took my rake and a plastic bag and put the poor thing in the trash. I had no shovel or I would have buried it.

More later...

I got the coffeecake out of the oven and iced. It is finishing cooling now. I watched the weather on the 8's and put the trash out for Tuesday. I won't move it to the curb until Monday afternoon. I am never quite sire how early they will come on Tuesday. I don't want to be missed. 

If the yard dries enough, one of the girls will come mow for me. It is still wet now from the rain on day before yesterday evening. 

Church doesn't start until 11:00AM and it's only 7:45AM now. I have plenty of time. When the Dollar General store opens I want to buy some plastic bags with zippers for the leftover coffeecake. The cheap ones just don't close well enough. I don't want it to dry out. I imagine it opens at 8:00AM  but I will call to be sure.

I went out to Dollar General shortly after 8:00AM and they were open so I bought more pecan chips and zipper sandwich bags for the coffeecake leftovers.   It's only 9:00AM now so I have plenty of  time.

So, more later....

I watched the news and then left at 10:00AM so I could get the coffeecake ready and coffee made before 11:00AM when the service started.  

After the service Karan, Phyllis and the two Simmons went to "Just Us" at Cherryvale to eat out. Kelly and Melissa took Shawn home to Coffeyville so Karan could go with us.  There were only 14 there this morning. We had plenty of spacing but not a large congregation.

I speak next Sunday. I have my sermon ready already. I worked on it yesterday. 

The girl who was supposed to mow for me today forgot she was to go to her cousin's birthday celebration so she plans to mow tomorrow. I drove up to Miller Brothers in Independence and let the man fill my tank up and also my gas can. I couldn't get the cap off the gas can so I let the employee at Miller Brothers do it for me.  

More later. I recorded some programs on Tivo today and I will watch them.

I got on Zoom this evening and watched the Mission Center worship service. 

Then I watched the rest of the recorded Master's Golf Tournament and the watched the rest of 60 Minutes. I had all those recorded.

Tomorrow I will strip my bed and do some laundry. 

At shortly after 8:00PM, I took my bath and put my PJs and robe on to come in here in the den and finish this blog. It's 8:26PM now and I may read awhile before going on to bed at 9:00PM or so. I am very tired.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Galla Creek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Galla Creek said...

Hope you share your sermon as I always enjoy them.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Sister Three! I will try to do that after next Sunday when I deliver it at church,s