Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Tuesday and a Restless Night

 I knew it was too good to be true...I slept fine last night until about 2:30AM when I began waking up about every hour. I was very tired when I went to bed last night and that may be some of the reason. Anyhow, I gave up about 4:30AM and just got up and made the bed and dressed. I have had my breakfast too and am drinking my coffee now. In a minute or so, I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and eventually check on the cats.

This morning I will leave about 8:00AM to go to Coffeyville and pick up the two cakes there at Karan's and Phyllis'. Then I will take them to Independence to the First Christian Church for their Tuesday evening free meal. I don't want to forget my cake in my freezer.

While I am there I will wash my car and eventually vacuum it out again. If I don't get that done today, I will do it tomorrow when I am back in Coffeyville for my hair appointment at 9:00AM. 

More later..I will go check the weather now. 

We have a small chance for rain today but not too much. It's 6:10AM now and I will not leave until 8:00AM...at least that's my plan.

I had the same three cats out there for their breakfast..Blondie, Inky and Scruff. Still no Scruffie. She has either died or been killed by a car. She was very pregnant so she could have died giving birth, I guess. If that happened, the kittens would have died of starvation...who knows what happened.

More later...

I did stop first and wash and dry my car.I vacuumed it out at home using my little portable car vacuum.

Then I got over to Karan's about 8:15AM and she had forgotten to bake her cake. She said she even had it on her calendar. I picked up Phyllis' and I had mine but that was all. Bob died, of course, so we were already short one cake and this time we only had two. On top of that, they had changed their hours at the Christian Church and neglected to tell me. Instead of 8:00AM they are opening the office at 9:00AM. I left a message on their phone and was about to leave when I saw the office manager drive up on the north side and park. She helped me carry in the cakes. We each took one.

Then I went to Orscheln's and bought cat food and came on back home.

More later....

I read for awhile on my latest book. I didn't know what I wanted for lunch so I just didn't war lunch.

Later I called Nancy and went over to visit her. It was a beautiful day and so we decided to take a ride and get her (and me) out of the house. We drove up to Independence and drove around the town for awhile  looking at area out by the country club. Then we stopped at Dairy Queen and I got a small blizzard and she got  a small vanilla milk shake. Then we started for home. We got to the turn off for Sedan and decided to drive over there and see how that small community fared. We drove around Sedan to the areas we were familiar with and finally came on back to Caney. I stayed and visited until 5:00PM and then came on back to my apartment  By this time I was very tired so I took my bath and read until I  finished the book at 11:00PM  and finally put down the Kindle and turned off the light and went to bed.  

4 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

That is sad about Scruffie. Isn't it something how we get attached to various animals that aren't even our pets. Every year I get attached to various wild animals in my yard. There are two crows that spend time in our yard this year. They are a couple and march around in the yard and street like they are a married couple checking their property. They look like Beatrix Potter characters. I'd like to make pets of them. With the rabbits that come to the yard and have babies in my zinnia patch every year I really get attached to. They are so cute, but I should know better than to get attached to them because my neighbor's cat hunts rabbits.

Margie's Musings said...

Your neighbor should feed her cat cat food and leave the rabbits alone..

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Oh, she feeds her cat very well and it is mostly an inside cat that is let out at night and usually spends the day in her front window. Her cat is so friendly to everyone on the street and comes to say hi to all neighbors it sees. Even though well fed, that cat loves to hunt the rabbits and birds, and catch them. The cat is a brown and black tabby and blends in and easily catches the rabbits and birds. My daughter and my grandson and new grand daughter came by one warm day. That kitty just came running to visit and love on my grandson. My grandson was so happy because he can't have any cats at home he is allergic to them. He would play with the cat for a while and then run to the car and wash his face and hands with wet wipes to keep from itching and then go play with the cat again.

Margie's Musings said...

That's good he can enjoy that cat.I can't have one in my apartment.