Saturday, April 17, 2021

Saturday and Dusting

 I slept much better last night and slept until almost 6:00AM.  I have made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I  had my breakfast bar and am now working on my oatmeal.

In a little while I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and see what the weather  will be like today. It rained on and off yesterday and I mostly stayed in and read. I never did dust yesterday so I will try to get that done today. Then I will get back to the latest book. 

It's also past time to check out the cats.

I only found two cats out there this morning.  Scruff isn't there this morning. ...at least not yet. There is just Blondie and Inky out there.  So I fed them out by my front door. They appear to be learning that they have to stay back away from the door if they want to get fed.

I'll get back to this later.... 

Scruff, Scruffie's second litter remaining cat, showed up later and I put the double dish out for that one. Blondie and Inky came back too but they only drank water since they were full from the earlier feeding.

Then a skinny grey cat that looked like a skinny Scruffie came by and looked. I am not sure it was Scruffie since the last time I saw her she was very pregnant. This one was definitely not pregnant. It's a mystery.

I finally had enough room in the container to put the new sack of cat/kitten food in it.

More later. I recorded the CBS morning Saturday news and I will watch it now.

I watched the CBS news as I had recorded it and then after deleting the recording had no interest in watching Prince Phillip's funeral. I will turn the TV back on if Lucky Dog is not preempted by the funeral. It is usually on at 10:00AM. It's only 8:51AM right now so I have awhile. I guess I have enough time to dust now.

More later... 

It's almost 9:30AM now and I have finished the dusting. The place shines now. I still have a little time before Lucky Dog comes on...if it comes on. I just peeked at the funeral and they are still sitting in the church so Lucky Dog may be preempted after all. I will just have to check at 10:00AM.

I was lucky..Lucky Dog was not preempted after all. So I watched the program I had recorded. Now it's nearly 11:00AM and I am beginning to think about lunch. I had a frozen dinner yesterday so I am thinking about going to Eggbert's for lunch today where I can have the honey chicken salad.   It's only 10:59AM now so it's a little early. I will wait another 30 Minutes before heading out there.

I went out to Eggbert's and had my favorite Eggbert's meal....Honey Chicken Salad. I really like that and it's healthy.... Chicken salad on a bed of lettuce and a small bowl of fruit and a warm muffin. Now I am full.

When I got home I found I had received a dozen lily bulbs that I had ordered months ago. They must have sent them when it was time to plant them. Anyhow, I took my little trowel and went out and planted them and watered them. The instructions said to plant them upon arrival. I may not have planted them deep enough. I think it was only about three or four inches and I think the instructions said 12 inches. I may have to replant them. I did water them though. It's 45 degrees out there. Not warm enough for me to stay out there and dig in the dirt.

More later...I am going to go read now.

I called Nancy and told her Gina texted me that I could only visit her on Tuesdays or Wednesday because her Visiting Angles would be there every other day. I told her we would plan on going out of town  on Tuesday the 27th. Next week my kids will be here from Tuesday through Friday so it will have to be the following week.

I read all afternoon on a new book I downloaded from Amazon. About 5:20, I ate a banana for my supper. 

It's 6:08PM now and I have just watched the CBS evening news and will soon take my bath so I will be ready to go to bed at 9:00PM or thereabouts.

Tomorrow is church and I will be the speaker at 11:00AM and then I plan to watch the Zoom Mission Center evening service at 6:00PM.

No comments: