Thursday, April 15, 2021

Thursday and Apartrment Cleaning

I slept really well last night and only got up once in the night. I was up close to 6:00AM and dressed and made my bed. I am in the process of eating my breakfast now.  I even fed the three cats before myself. Now I am drinking my coffee.

When the CBS news  comes on, I will clean the apartment while the commercials are on. I get so tired of commercials. That's a good time to mop and vacuum.

I brought in the cat's dishes in when they finished their breakfast and put them in the garage and covered them.

It's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. I am glad I had the yard mowed on Monday. It's supposed to rain tomorrow too. It will probably be at least Monday before I can get it mowed again. 

It's10:00AM and I have mopped all the bare floors and vacuumed all the carpets. I will dust tomorrow. I am very tired. I am always amazed at all the dirt the vacuum picks up. I seldom wear my shoes in the house and just wear my house slippers. I can't imagine where all the dirt comes from. I am always amazed at the amount. I wish I could find a carpet dry cleaner. I sure don't want to put water on the carpet. The fellow from Tyro that did my carpets out on 2nd street in Coffeyville in the 80's and Nathan Marsh, Doug's son, that did the ones on Parkway in the 90's are no longer in the area.

It's1:35PM now and I have had my leftover lunch. I had brought half my hamburger and french fries home with me from Eggbert's and warmed the hamburger up in the microwave and the french fries in the skillet.  

I have read awhile but so far this book has not grabbed me. I didn't get any mail today. Usually I still get some junk mail. But nothing at all today.

More later...

I planned to take Nancy to lunch tomorrow but Gina, her cousin's wife, told me they have arranged for Visiting Angels to come fix her breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day except Tuesdays and Wednesdays so we will have to make some different plans. Nancy needs socialization but not more control. Her cousin's wife tries to control her. She is determined that Nancy has Alzheimer's disease.  But my sister had Alzheimer's Disease and if Nancy has Alzheimer's Disease she has a very different kind from my sister, Phyllis, a carpenter friend, George Tesh, and my friend Mary Holestine. Nancy told me in 2011 that she had it and she is still perfectly lucid. In four years, my sister could no longer feed herself or carry on a coherent conversation. Nancy may be a little forgetful but after all she's 86 years old and even at 85, I forget some names and stuff like that. But I guarantee you I do not have Alzheimer's Disease.

It's 7:30PM, I guess I will go see what's on TV. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM or so.

 

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Life is so difficult.