Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Wednesday and a Hair Appointment

 I slept very well again last night and slept until 5:00AM when I got up and made the bed and dressed. I came in the den and checked my e-mail and then went to the kitchen to fix my breakfast. I had my breakfast bar and fixed my oatmeal and coffee. By then it was 6:30AM. 

I forgot to mention yesterday that my eldest son, Keith, called last night and we had quite a visit. Keith invited me to go with them next year or in 2023 on their tour of Europe. I would have to be able to walk three miles and I knew I wouldn't be able to do that at 86 or 87 but it was a nice thought anyhow. I appreciated the offer.

They will be here for four days this next week. They will fly in on Tuesday sometime. They will be celebrating their anniversary here with me and Leslie and John on Thursday. I don't know where they will want to go...probably to Bartlesville where there are some nice restaurants. We will discuss that when they are here. Leslie and John will know where the good ones are.

I think I will fix some chili for Tuesday evening since I don't know when they will be in from their flight.  I plan to have  a roast, potatoes and carrots from my slow cooker on Wednesday. Thursday is their anniversary and I imagine they will eat at a nice restaurant that evening. Then Friday some time they will be leaving for their flight home to Phoenix.

Right now I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and have my Chai Latte. I will get back to this later.

I fed the same three cats this morning. Blondie, Inky and  Scruff. I am able to take their food out the front door now without interference from them. 

It's 7':01AM now and I will leave at 8:00AM  for my hair appointment in Coffeyville.  It's between 8:30AM and 9:00AM.  Toni goes to the gym every morning and works out before she comes in to the salon. If I am there when she is ready she will often work me in a little early. I can always sit in the car and listen to NPR.

More later... 

It's a good thing I left even earlier.It was one lane traffic while they resurface the highway one lane at a time. I got to Coffeyville early and had time to get gas at Woodshed. I got my hair done today and made a new 8:30AM appointment for Monday. I didn't want to have to go over to Coffeyville to get my hair done while Keith and Esther were here. 

After that, I came on back home..using the old highway. I didn't want to get in on that one lane highway again. It's10:29AM now and I guess I will read some more. I have a load of towels in the washer now.When they finish washing I will put them in the dryer.    

I went to the new Caney Market and bought groceries for next week The only thing I couldn't find was a small beef roast and carrots. I will get those  Monday at Country Mart in Coffeyville. It's after 11:00AM now and soon the mail will be coming.

I didn't get any mail which is good. Usually I just get junk anyhow.

I couldn't stand the thought of another frozen meal so I went out to Eggbert's and had a hamburger and french fries. Brought half of it home. Way too much food! 

I called Nancy about 3:00PM and she answered right away. She wanted me to come over so I did. I stayed until 5:20PM and then came home to eat something. I ate another breakfast bar. 

Now I am watching the CBS news. It is almost 6:00PM now.

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

What a wonderful son you have! I couldn't walk three miles either. Well, I could if I had to or else die, but I would pay the consequences for a week.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Donna. I have sat around and read for a year and my knees have paid the price.

Galla Creek said...

Keith is so thoughtful, but Leslie and Scott are too.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, they all are. Thank goodness!