Friday, May 26, 2023

Friday and Restored Internet and TV at Last

When I had my breakfast this morning and wanted to check my internet and logged onto the internet...there was no internet..so I turned on the TV and there was no TV either. I called Cox Complete Care and they said Caney and Coffeyville were both down. It's 8:45AM now and I finally have both TV and internet.

I haven't seen the cats this morning but I did take my walk and return another book to the library book drop. I also picked up a half a sack of trash along the way.

I get so disgusted with Cox. Every once in a while they lose both internet and TV in this area. It's small town Kansas and they just don't give us enough of a signal. I have no idea how many times I have had to call them with some kind of problem related to their signal in this rural area.

I finally got the week's weather forecast. Today is to be 82 degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 81 degrees and sunny,  Sunday is to be 83 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 84 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 85 degrees and mostly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 85 degrees partly cloudy, and Thursday is to be 86 degrees and mostly sunny. That's to week. No rain in the forecast this next week! That's to bad! We sure need the rain.

Now I will check and see if I have e-mail now. 

Yes, I have e-mail now. My problem with Outlook yesterday on both computers was probably linked to the problem they had with the TV and e-mail  last night. They got it fixed earlier then they thought.

More Later... 

My daughter just called me and invited me to go to Caney's Mayfest with her and her two grandchildren (two of my great grandchildren) tomorrow morning at about 8:30AM and then to come out to their place for a cookout supper with them at 4:00PM or so ..maybe a little earlier. ...and with some of the kids John used to have in his fishing club when he was still teaching. That sounds good to me. John does a great job with his fish on the grill and there will be hot dogs and hamburgers too. He must be doing fine with his wisdom tooth extraction. I was hoping he would not get a dry socket and evidently he didn't 

I went up to Independence for lunch at Big Cheese. I had a mini pizza and a root bear. 

Then I came back home and read some more on my book....and cleaned the apartment at last. 

Downtown  Caney is closed off with barricades everywhere for Mayfest at the park this weekend. I had to turn west on 6th street to get to Spring. 5th and 4th were barricaded off. They have made it hard to even get to the Mayfest.

Tricia called me after she got my text telling her about all the barricades downtown and around the town. They have decided to come see me next year rather then to have to deal with all those closed and barricaded streets. I don't blame them. Parking is going to be a mess.

I found an old Reader's Digest condensed book I had read several years ago and decided to reread it. I had returned all three of the books I recently checked out and read from our library. 

I took my bath a little early this evening. I had trimmed the back yard grass and was tired. It's 7:45PM now...too early to go to bed. I will try to read until 9:00PM anyway.

More Later...

 

No comments: