Sunday, May 21, 2023

Sunday and Church

I slept fairly well last night. I was up once in the night and took my two meds at that time. Then I got back to sleep until 5:00AM when I got up and dressed and got myself ready for the day.

Both cats came for their breakfast this morning for a change. Even Scruff was here this morning. I fed them both and now Blondie has left but Scruff is still under my hedge,

We will have our breakfast at church this morning at 10:00AM..usually it's 10:30AM and I don't know why Melissa changed it to a half hour earlier. But she is speaking this morning so I guess she can do that if she wants. 

It seems to be a nice morning. I finally got the weather forecast. he TV said "This channel is not authorized. Contact your cable company." That's ridiculous! Of course the weather channel is on my schedule and it always has been! If this continues I will have to call Cox and report it...again..it's always something with Cox!

I called Cox and explained the problem to the tech. They are sending someone out to try to get it fixed in the morning between 8:00AM and 10:00AM. It is probably something on the pole. Any problem with the TV usually is something at the pole. 

Today is supposed to be 76 degrees and mostly cloudy, Monday is to be 77 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is supposed to be 79 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 80 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. Thursday is to be 80 degrees and partly cloudy, and Friday is to be 78 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. Saturday is to be 82 degrees and AM showers.  That's the week! They took Tuesday storms out of the forecast and added Wednesday, Friday and Saturday to the rain forecast. We can use the rain but it sure slows down the mowing.

I have the coffeecake out of the oven and it's cooling now.When it is completely cool, I will put the glaze on it.  It's 8:00AM now. I have plenty of time. I will leave at 9:30AM for church.

We had a nice breakfast at church and afterwards Phyllis and I went to Eggbert's for lunch. Once again we had poor service.

The girl who waited on us was evidently new and inexperienced.  She at least did get us charged for our own meals. The last time we had an inexperienced waitress, she charged me for Phyllis's lunch and Phyllis for mine. It took the manager to get it straightened out. 

Maybe we will try the fish restaurant in Independence next time. 

I will read for awhile now.

I sent out several letters to those who were not with us today at Church. I sent each of them today's bulletin too.

I will get back to my book now.



 

No comments: