Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Tuesday and Perhaps Mowing

I slept well last night again. I did wake up a couple of times but went into the bathroom and took my two meds. then went back to bed and back sleep.. I was up at my usual 5:00AM, dressed. made my bed and got myself ready for the day.  I don't think we are expecting rain today but we never know until the week's forecast comes on. This is Kansas and the forecast sometimes changes from day to day.

In a few minutes, I will check the forecast. Blondie was out there this morning looking for his breakfast and I took it out to him.  I did not see Scruff.

More Later... 

He ate and left. I left the food out there in case Scruff came for her breakfast. In the meantime, I put away my book and took a photo of the weather forecast for the week. 

Today is to be 81 degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow  is to be 78 degrees and PM thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 81 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 80 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 79 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 81 degrees and partly cloudy and Monday is to be 83 degrees and PM thunderstorms. That's the week and it did change,,two days of rain in the next week Wednesday and Monday but mostly partly cloudy. though!

It's 8:51AM and I have been reading ever since I got back from my morning walk about 7:15AM . I left for that an hour ago, picked up a big sack of trash and put it in my dumpster when I got home. Then I picked up my book and have been reading since.

This book is boring.  I can't stay with it long.

I finally finished the last book and took it back to the library and got three more checked out. Then I went out to Eggbert's and had a hamburger and french fries and iced tea for lunch. While I was at the library, Keith called me from Germany. He said Esther was back in Phoenix and had taken her daughter and granddaughter to Disneyland. Then a little later Esther texted me. It was good to hear from her again. I think Keith said calling from Germany or calling to Germany would cost 25 cents a minute. I won't call because Leslie pays my phone bill.

More Later...

I went out to Eggbert's and had lunch and it was good but there was lots of it. I had the remainder boxed up and brought back home. I will warm it up for another meal tomorrow.  I got to get m hair done tomorrow. Toni texted me and asked me to come early at 8:45AM tomorrow so I will.

I waited until I was sure Jeromy was not coming to mow for me and I mowed the front yard. Then ,what do you know, he brought Cheyenne over for softball practice and then he came to mow and he mowed the west side and the back. Leslie had told me school was out last Thursday and I really didn't expect him to come but I was delighted he did. He had the rest of it mowed in record time!

I have read this afternoon too and just a while ago, Suzanne called and talked to me for a long time. I worked with Suzanne at Dr. Marsh's dental office years ago. I have known her a long time and she and Steve owned this duplex I live in when I moved here three years ago. They sold it last year to Stephen and his wife.

Now it's after 7:00PM and I need to go take my bath and put my pajamas and robe on so more tomorrow. I will go to bed about 9:00PM or so.

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So glad he got the yard mowed. Young folks can mow fast. I am pretty slow.

Joyce Anderson said...

My son has lived in England the last 14 years and we talk for free on WhatsApp.
See if you can get it on your phone. We also text with it since he has a foreign phone. Joyce