Saturday, May 27, 2023

Saturday and Mayfest

 I was up shortly before 5:00AM this morning and had slept fairly well. I had my oatmeal breakfast and coffee and Chai Latte. I also caught "the weather on the 8's" and fed Blondie this morning. I didn't see Scruff. She was here yesterday and was sick and threw up three times after eating..I hope someone is not poisoning her. She didn't come today.

Here's the week's weather: Today is to be 82 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be  83 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 84 degrees and mostly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 83 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 86 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 85 degrees and Isolated thunderstorms and Friday is to be 86 degrees and PM thunderstorms.  That's the week...two days of much needed rain!

Leslie just texted me that she is not picking up the girls until  8:30AM and will drop them off at Big G's and then come pick me up. So it will probably be closer to 9:00 or 9:15AM. That's fine. My laundry will be dry by then.

More Later...

Leslie came about 9:00AM after she dropped the girls off at the park where the Mayfest was going on.  We parked in the Dentist parking lot and she brought her canvass wagon and folding chairs and anything else she thought we might need.

We first walked down toward town to see the car show and then went to the park and sat at a folding table and shared a funnel cake. We found the girls there. They were eating treats too. Leslie had given them $5.00 each. They bought treats with that. And later on, Maia bought a "stick on" tattoo.

We got back to my home at a little past noon. I am to be out to John and Leslie's about 4:00PM for their cookout at 5:00PM. 

I had a nice morning at the Mayfest. Leslie bought us all ice cream cones at Mr. G's. 

When I got home, I went to the library and checked out three books to read.

It's 2:57PM now and in a little bit I will leave for the kid's home. I am to be there at 4:00PM and it will take me about 20 minutes to get there. So if I leave at 3:20PM or so, I will be there in plenty of time.

More Later...

I did get there in plenty of time. Leslie had everything ready and after their company visited awhile, John started cooking the fish and hamburgers and hot dogs. Everything was very good!

After we cleaned up everything, I came on back home. It had been a very full day but a nice one.

I took my bath at 7:30PM and got myself ready for bed. It's too early to go to bed so I will read awhile until closer to 9:00PM.

Tomorrow I will bake my coffeecake for the breakfast at church tomorrow.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

You will have a full day. Bet John’s food is good.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes...it will be. He is very good at cook outs!