Monday, May 22, 2023

Monday and Cox Complete Care Appointment cancelled

I slept well enough last night and was only up once and then took my two meds and went right back to sleep. I got up at 5:00AM as usual. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I read last night until I finished the second book and then I went on to bed after I had taken two Melatonin and my allergy pill. By then it was 11:00PM...very late for me!

I have fixed my coffee and am drinking it here in the den.  Now I will go check on the cats and turn on the TV and see if it's still doing the same thing as yesterday. The weather picture was tearing and there was a message that said that channel was not available for me and that I should call my TV company. I tried that but he couldn't fix it remotely so they are sending a tech out here between 8:00AM and 10:00AM. That will mean I will be late getting down to see Nancy this morning. 

More Later...

I did see Blondie waiting for his breakfast and I fed him and he left. I will leave the cat food out there awhile just in case Scruff gets back here to eat too. 

This is the week's forecast. Today is to be 79 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 80 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 78 degrees and thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 82 degrees and partly cloudy, and Friday is to be 82 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 82 degrees and partly cloudy and Saturday is to be 81 degrees and partly cloudy and Sunday is to be 84 degrees and partly cloudy. Wednesday is the only day rain is forecast in the next week. Hopefully, Jeromy will be able to mow for me on Tuesday this week..that's tomorrow.

I took my mile walk this morning and dropped off two of my library books in the book drop at the library. I just got back at 7:15AM. I will expect the Cox tech to call for my appointment within the hour. 

I have one library book yet to read.  I told Nancy I would bring her e the book I have about the Osage Indian's problem with the white settlers taking advantage of them to rob them of their seemingly worthless land that ended up being rich with oil.

I will look for it now and set it out so I will remember to take it to her.

More Later... 

I found the book and took it to Bartlesville to Nancy.  I also took her to meet with Sally at the restaurant. I bought Nancy's lunch but she didn't eat most of it. After we left Sally I took Nancy back to her assisted living apartment and let her out of the car. Then I went to Tate Boys and had my oil changed in my car. After I got back home Saturday when I had the tires rotated, the dash showed that the oil needed changing and since I was already down to Bartlesville I went out to Tate Boys and had the oil changed. That cost me $55.11. It needed to be done though so I bit the bullet and paid it. 

In the mail, I got my renewal for the Reader's Digest. It was $10.00 with the discount so I wrote them a check and took it out to my mailbox and put it in the mailbox and put the red flag up so the postman would mail it for me tomorrow.

Then I read all afternoon and gave it up at 5:00PM. I may watch the news now. 

More Later... 

I did watch the news..such as it was! Then I read awhile. It's 6:30PM now and I guess I will take my bath. Then I will go back to my book again. I will read until bedtime..probably about 9:00PM or so..maybe longer. Last night it was 11:00PM until I went to bed.

No comments: