Monday, May 15, 2023

Monday and No Trip to see Nancy

I was up even earlier then usual this morning. For some reason the light rain woke me up. It usually helps me sleep. I got up and went to the living room to check on the cats. Then I saw the TV was recording something so I turned it on and located the music it was recording and turned the recording off.

I saw a large fuzzy bug in the hall and got a Kleenex and picked it up and trashed it. Then I took the trash out to the dumpster and left the dumpster by the curb.. I thought I kept hearing a bug humming in the den. Then I realized it was coming from outside.

Always something!

Later on this morning after 9:00AM I will call the doctor's office and have them have Lorie, Dr. Christensen's nurse, call my two prescriptions in to the Caney Drug for refill. I will tell them about the letter I got from Cigna Pharmacy Management asking me to have my two prescriptions filled for 90 days instead of 30 days. That's the drug company Medicare assigned to me.

I used to have them refilled for 90 days at Walgreen's in Independence and the Medicine Shoppe in Coffeyville before I was assigned a Medicare prescription company. Caney Drug has not been doing that even though I have asked them to refill them both for 90 days each time. I guess I will have to show them the letter.

The Cigna drug insurance will not pay for a 90 day supply of my prescriptions.  The only way they will is if I order them from an online pharmacy and have them mailed to me. I finally called Cigna and had them explain that to me. I have no intentions of having my two prescriptions sent to me in the mail from an online pharmacy.

More Later... 

I fixed my breakfast and began to eat it here in the den. I haven't checked on the cats yet although I didn't see either of them when I took the trash out and the dumpster to the curb. It's been raining. Maybe that's why they weren't out there. I am eating my breakfast bar now and drinking my coffee.

I caught "the weather on the 8's" and it looks rainy again. Today is to be 72 degrees and heavy thunderstorms, tomorrow is to be 71 degrees and cloudy,  Wednesday is to be 80 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 80 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 81 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 74 degrees and showers, Saturday is to be 75 degrees and partly cloudy, and Sunday is to be 77 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week. I don't see much chance for mowing the yard. Monday and Friday still show rain.

More Even Later..

I decided for sure not to go down to see Nancy. We are forecast for hail and I sure don't want to put my car through anything else that might dent it up.

Instead I read all afternoon and finished my latest book. Then I called Sally and asked her if she would like to go to Independence and have a fish dinner. I picked her up at 4:30PM and we drove to Independence to the fish place that had moved into the building that used to hold the Italian restaurant downtown.

After we ate, I took Sally home and came home myself, took my bath and watched some TV until bedtime. I took my Melatonin and allergy pill so I could sleep.


 

2 comments:

DrumMajor said...

I have no trouble with Cigna's mail order pharmacy. Most insurances, including Medicare drug company options, have mail-order for a 90-day supply. It costs less. I used to use my Walgreen's, which is right next door. When several of my meds went from zero cost to $12 each, I changed to the mail order. You can still get an occasional med from your local pharmacy, like for antibiotics or pain meds. Linda in Kansas

Galla Creek said...

I don’t take any prescriptions yet. Guess I’m lucky.