Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Tuesday and Doubtful Mowing

I slept pretty well last night and was up only once in the night, took my two meds and went right back to sleep. I slept until my usual 5:00AM, made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I am having my breakfast here in the den.

I will go in the living room now and turn on the TV for "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats.

There were no cats out there yet anyhow. I did go out and check the grass and it was soaking wet. No mowing today unless it gets very hot and dries out. I don't expect that.  I will text Jeromy the situation later today.

I did catch the weather report. Today is to be 69 degrees and cloudy, tomorrow is to be 79 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 81 degrees and partly cloudy,  Friday is to be 71 degrees and showers, Saturday is to be 76 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 80 degrees and partly cloudy and Monday is to be 82 degrees and partly cloudy...that's the week. Not too hopeful as far as mowing is concerned. Only Friday shows definite rain but the grass has to dry out before Jeromy can mow.

No cats showed up this morning so I didn't have to feed them. I am thinking of taking my walk. It's not raining right now and it would be good for me to get the exercise...as well as pick up trash from the street. I could take an umbrella... just in case.

More Later... 

I did take my mile walk this morning and it was nice out..no rain yet. I went to State street first because I wanted to drop two of my library books in the book drop at the library. I still have one to read. I may do that today. There wasn't a lot of trash because we had had so much rain. I had half a bag this time.

I have been reading my last library book.  It's 9:55AM now. 

I will get back to it soon.

Marilyn texted me that we were having Bunco tomorrow at the senior center.  I will get my hair done first, read awhile at the library and then go to the senior center for Bunco. I will need to get a treat for that. I will go to the market later today.

I texted Jeromy about the wet grass and he was aware of it. Maybe it will dry enough to mow later in the week although Friday is forecast for rain. If we don't get rain before then maybe it will be dry enough to mow Thursday.

I went to the market to get a treat for Bunco tomorrow and saw David Soles, Keith's classmate.  He said he stayed in touch with Keith through facebook. I didn't recognize him but he recognized me and told me his name.

I have been reading again today. It's my last library book. I may get some more when I am in Coffeyville tomorrow.

It's 11:30AM now. 

More Later...

It's 6:43PM now and I have been reading most of the afternoon. I just took my bath and put my pajamas on and my robe.  

I may go back to my book. There's nothing on TV that I am interested in.

No comments: