Thursday, May 18, 2023

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept well again last night with the exception of a rare phenomenon. At 5 minutes until midnight my doorbell rung and woke me up. I got up, got my flashlight and went to the front door and shined it out there, There was nothing there. That's the third time that has happened about a year apart. It always sounds very real and loud enough to wake me up from a sound sleep....but there is never anyone there. I went back to bed and back to sleep and slept until my usual 5:00AM.

I made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I am eating my breakfast here in the den now. 

But I did catch the weather report for the week. I hoped to get the west side of my yard mowed today because rain is forecast for tomorrow.Today is to be 80 degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 70 degrees and rain, Saturday is to be 74 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 76 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 78 degrees and partly cloudy Tuesday is supposed to be 81 degrees and partly cloudy and Wednesday is to be 83 degrees and partly cloudy.  That's the week. Rain only Friday. That's tomorrow. If I don't get the west side mowed today, I won't get to it before the rain. It will probably be dry by Tuesday when Jeromy can get to it next week.

I will check on the cats again now. 

Blondie was out there and I fed him but I didn't see anything of Scruff. It's been a couple of weeks since I have seen her.  It feels like rain. I will have to check the grass when I go get the cat food.

I went out to check the cat's food and Blondie had finished all he was going to eat and left and I brought it in and I felt of the grass out there in front and it was very wet! So I won't be mowing today after all. It must have rained last night. I planned to clean the apartment anyhow so nothing has really changed. Just my plan. 

I took my mile walk this morning about 7:30AM and stopped by the library and dropped my last book into the book drop.

There wasn't much trash this morning. It has been too wet this past week. It's too wet to mow the west side this morning too. If it dries by afternoon or even evening, I might get it done.

I will start my mopping and cleaning now.  After that, I will vacuum.

I got the floors mopped and am now waiting for them to dry before I vacuum. After I vacuum, I may go down to see Nancy since I missed seeing her last Monday. I still have her coffeecake too. I gave Sally hers when we went to Independence for supper the other evening. I think that was Monday. 

I am doing a load of wash today too. After I get it in the dryer, I could leave for Bartlesville. Or I could wait until tomorrow when I have nothing else planned..

More Even Later... 

After I got my cleaning done, I went down to Bartlesville to visit Nancy.  I took her to Brahms for lunch.We had  a junior cheeseburger and fries and a junior milk shake. We enjoyed those and also the ride afterward. Then I took her home to the assisted living. She was very tired.

Then I came back home to Caney. I don't believe I am up to mowing.  I think the yard is dry. I am just pretty tired. It's been a big day. I mopped and cleaned and did a load of laundry and folded it and put it away. Then I went down to visit Nancy. I really need to rest.

About 4:15PM, I went out and started the mower. I mowed the west side of my yard and emptied the mower grass into the black yard bag and put that in the dumpster. I'm tired but not terribly tired and the west yard is mowed. Of course, the front needs it again now. I can't do it today..maybe tomorrow morning. I did the back yesterday...at least I think it was yesterday. My days get pretty mixed up. 

If I didn't have this blog, I wouldn't know what yard I mowed when. I will check back a day or two. 

I mowed the back yesterday and the front Saturday afternoon, I think...after lunch. 

I went out after I rested a bit and  trimmed the west yard and some of the front until the charge ran out. Then I brought it in and plugged it in the kitchen to charge, I will finish the trimming after I get a full charge...probably tomorrow. 

It's 5:45PM and I imagine the library is closed now but I will check it out. I meant to get some more books earlier but I mowed instead. Then I trimmed until my battery went down. It will be charged before morning and I can finish tomorrow.

More Later...after bath time. 

I took my bath at 7:00PM and put lotion on my feet and then put my pajamas and robe on. I have no library books since I was too late to get to the library this evening. But out of the hundreds of books I have here in the apartment, surely I can find something to reread. I will go to the library tomorrow and check out three more mystery books.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I use the blog as a reminder too. I also load pictures I want to keep.