Saturday, May 20, 2023

Saturday and Laundry and Mowing

I slept fairly well last night. and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I stripped my bed and am washing my sheets and pajamas and underwear. I will wait awhile to turn on the TV for the weather. Then I will check for the cats coming for their breakfast. Only Blondie has been showing up lately. I don't know what has happened to Scruff. It has been awhile since I have seen her.

I will get some coffee. 

I drank my coffee and also my Chai Latte. I am not eating breakfast yet.

The weather forecast did come on while I was watching for it.

Today is to be 73 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 76 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 79 degrees and partly cloudy,  Tuesday is to be 77 degrees and AM showers, Wednesday is to be 80 degrees and partly cloudy.Thursday is to be 82 degrees and mostly sunny, and Friday is to be 83 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week! One day of rain and that's Tuesday..the day Jeromy was supposed to have mowed for me.

More Later... 

I read until time to go to Bartlesville and get my tires rotated. Then I drove down there and went to get my car washed first and vacuumed it out afterward. Then I went to Tate Boys and got my tires rotated. It was a beautiful day and I read for awhile there in their lobby and then went outside where they had a few chairs and enjoyed the sunshine. I visited with another customer who was sitting out here.enjoying the sunshine too. His name was Michael. He was my grandson Jeromy's age. 

I stopped on the way through Dewey and bought a cherry limeade slush at the Dewey's Sonic.  Then I stopped at Miller Brother's for gas.

Then I stopped again at the Copan Restaurant and had a bowl of their vegetable beef soup for my lunch.  

When I got home, I mowed the front yard. It was dry..or at least mostly dry. I emptied the mower and lifted the bag into the trash receptacle. I didn't clean up the mower...just emptied it. I should have washed it down but I wasn't sure I should do that. I started trimming but the trimmer came apart. I tried to get it back together again but it wouldn't fit together the way it was supposed to. I just put it up. I may have to buy a new one.

I may take the mower around to the back where there's a hose and wash it down. I'll see if I can do that. 

I did take the mower around back and rinsed it off some. Not great ...but better..Then I took the trimmer around the yard and trimmed. It wasn't perfect but the best I could do under the circumstances. It isn't put together as well as it should be but it's the best I could do. It's old and my hands are not what they used to be either...especially my left hand.

I guess I'll get back to my book at least for awhile!

More Later... 

I stopped reading and took my bath at 7:00PM.  I have my pajamas on and my robe and will go to bed about 9:00PM

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I went for my walk this morning. It’s really cool and nice. Hope Jeromy can get your yard mowed.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too..but we are forecast for rain on next Tuesday so if it's dry enough today, I will mow it this afternoon.