Sunday, May 14, 2023

Sunday and Breakfast at Church

I slept pretty well last night and only woke up once..and then I took my meds and went back to bed and back to sleep until 5:00AM...my usual time to get up. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day.

I have made the coffeecake for the breakfast at church and it is in the oven baking now.  It will need to have the glaze put on it after it bakes and cools.It's only 6:39AM now so I have plenty of time.

I don't see any cats this morning but I did catch "the weather on the 8's".

Today will be 80 degrees and PM thunderstorms, tomorrow is to be 77 degrees and scattered thunderstorms,  Tuesday is to be 71 degrees and cloudy, Wednesday is to be 81 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 82 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 75 degrees and AM showers, and Saturday is to be 76 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week and I see they have taken some of the rain out of the forecast. Only three days are forecast for rain now. Sunday Monday and Friday. Jeromy may be able to mow for me on Tuesday evening after his work after all. We will see. 

The coffeecake is out of the oven and cooling. When it is cool, I will put the glaze on it. 

It's 7:03AM now. I have plenty of time.

Scott just called me and talked to me about an hour for Mother's Day!

I will leave now for church. I will be early but I may need to get gas for my car. I will check it out.

I didn't need gas after all.  I may need it tomorrow because I will be going to Bartlesville to visit Nancy. I saw a moving van at her house today so they may have sold her furniture and may have actually sold her house.

More Later..

We had a nice lunch. John and Leslie brought Mini and Kiki with them and they both behaved nicely in church. They are two of their Corgis. Then after church John and Leslie invited Karan and me to lunch at El Pueblo in Coffeyville. We had a nice lunch and John bought our lunch. Leslie and he bought me a cute card and a lovely little ceramic bird for Mother's Day. I have a ceramic bird collection so that fit right in with the others.

John and Leslie took Mini and KiKi with them to Roaring River. They will all have a good time.

I got home at 2:00PM or so.

Later I worked up seven letters for those who were not at church today and sent each of them a bulletin and a letter so they would have the announcements and prayer list. I took them to the post office and dropped them in the outside box. I will need to get some stamps tomorrow. I am low on them now.

More Later...

I had a time getting Zoom to work again. I finally ended up on the laptop computer.

Now it's 6:57PM and time for my bath. Afterward I will go back to my book, I guess, or watch 60 Minutes. I had recorded it.

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Happy Mother’s Day, Margie. You won the lottery with your 3 children

Margie's Musings said...

I sure did! They are all great kids!And they have wonderful mates!