Monday, June 26, 2023

Monday and Perhaps No Trip to see Nancy

I slept very well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day.

Blondie was out there for his breakfast early this morning. He ate some of his food and then got interested in some birds across the street and left to check them out. I have not yet had my breakfast. But I did catch the weather forecast.

Today is to be  93 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 94 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 106 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 106 degrees and partly cloudy and Friday is to be 103 degrees partly cloudy, Saturday is t be 90 degrees and AM thunderstorms, and Sunday is to be 91 degrees and partly cloudy. Just some more scorching weather and one day of rain.

After awhile I will call the doctor's office and see if I can get in for an exam. My blood pressure which is always just right, has been very high the past couple of days. Of course, the heat has been too. That may have something to do with it.

I finally got hold of the doctor's office and they gave me a 11:45AM appointment.  I had taken my blood pressure this morning and it was 160/84 and it is usually 139/60. Because of my age, they thought I should see the doctor and not just Urgent Care. They said under the circumstances, Urgent Care would have just referred me to the doctor.

I called the assisted living where Nancy lives and asked them to notify her I would not be down today to see her.

When I was with Leslie on Thursday evening watching Cheyenne play softball, Leslie noticed my feet and ankles were very swollen. I figured it was the heat. But the next day on Friday they swelled up again and I took my blood pressure. It was 164/81.

I may go on over to Coffeyville and get the groceries I need. Or I guess I could just go to the market here. All I need to oatmeal, grape cranberry juice and breakfast bars. I can also get my grape flavored water here at our market. I am out of that too. 

So I will go on to the market here before I leave for Coffeyville. And that's what I did.

More Later...

Later I left for Coffeyville after I got a 11:45AM appointment with Dr. Christensen. I waited thirty minutes after my appointment to see the doctor. He explained to me that the blood pressure  medicine I had been taking tended to dilate the vessels in our legs as we get older. He changed it from Amlodipine 5 mg per day to Lisinopril 20 mg tablet per day. In a couple of weeks I am to call him and tell him how it is going.

Cheyenne's next two games are out of town. Parsons for one...maybe both. I asked him to let me know when he knows for sure. I probably won't go because I really have no business driving out of town at night.

I read this afternoon. I notice Stephen mowed this evening. My mower is to come to mow on Wednesday.  Hopefully it won't rain Tuesday or Wednesday.

I just took my bath at 7:00PM and put my pajamas and robe on and will read some more. I would like to finish this book tonight before my 9:00PM bedtime.  My feet and ankles are swollen this evening too. I just noticed.

1 comment:

DrumMajor said...

When in bed, find a big pillow to prop your legs on. If you knock it off during the night, make sure you don't trip on it in the morning. Glad you went to the doc. Linda in Kansas