Sunday, June 25, 2023

Sunday and a Cookout after Church

I slept well last night again and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I only woke up once and took my two meds and then got right back to sleep.

I am eating my breakfast here in the den. Blondie came plenty early and I fed him, he ate his fill and left and I brought the cat food back in the garage and covered it again.

I even caught "the weather on the 8's" and will share it here.

Today is to be 94 degrees and  sunny, tomorrow is to be is to be 93 degrees sunny, Tuesday is to be 94 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 102 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 105 degrees mostly sunny, Friday is to be 100 degrees and partly cloudy and Saturday is to be 91 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. Not much rain in the week's forecast  ..just a possibility on Saturday. But it will be a scorcher of a week! Some days up in the hundreds!

It's 6:31AM now and I will go watch the weather and eat my oatmeal. 

We are having a cookout after church. The McIntosh's and the Brooks are in charge of the cookout. I am taking two large bags of chips. One is Freetos and one is Lays potato chips. I was going to take a cherry pie but Leslie had that covered already.

I noticed I had a wasp nest just outside my front door and I took my broom and knocked it down and swept it out into the front yard.

I am getting ready to take my walk. It is 8:07AM and I am a little later then usual! Luckily someone reminded us to wear our Community of Christ t-shirts with Leslie's name on it. I changed my T shirt to that one. Melissa bought those for her ordination but they didn't come in time for that occasion so we are wearing them now.

I just took my walk and got back at 8:50AM  I got very little trash...some broken glass where the old Blackledge bank building used to be on the southeast corner of 4th and State. It's vacant now but someone has broken glass there. I picked it all up. Other then that, I just got a few pieces of paper. After the 4th of July there will be tons of trash!

More Later..

I went to Coffeyville to the bank and to return a book to the book drop at the Coffeyville library and to get gas at Woodshed.  I also had to get hearing aide batteries. I was almost to Tyro before my right hearing aide said "battery". I tried the Dollar General store first but the clerk there said she thought Country Mart carried hearing aide batteries too and that saved me a trip to Walmart. I found them there and then I went back to the church for the service and the barbecue afterward.

Melissa and Leslie did a good job with the service and John did a good job cooking the hamburgers and hot dogs. Everything else was very good too. Chris's mother did a good job on her baked beans someone else made some excellent potato salad. There was a lot of very good food and Leslie's cherry pie and homemade ice cream was great too. There were two kinds of brownies...some with iceing and some without and both were very good. My chips went well too. I had a large bag of Freetos and a large bag of Lays potato chips.

Later this afternoon after I had read awhile, I watched the Mission Center's evening service on Zoom on the laptop computer.

I notice the wasps are busy rebuilding their nest outside my front door.  I will knock it down again tomorrow morning.

I had recorded 60 Minutes and after the service I watched that too.

Then at 7:30PM, I took my bath and one evening med and put my pajamas and robe on to get back to this computer. It's 8:32PM now and soon I will go to bed.


 

No comments: