Sunday, August 27, 2023

Sunday and Church

 I was up at 4:00AM this morning with pain in my left arm. I just couldn't sleep with that. I got  up and made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I wanted to watch "the weather on the 8's" but the weather channel was talking about another upcoming hurricane for Florida. They didn't even show any local weather. At 5:16AM, I came into the den and started working on this blog. I will go back in the living room and see if I can find the weather forecast for local.

Sure enough...this time I managed to see the local weather forecast "the weather on the 8's"

The next week will be a little cooler. Today is to be 87 degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 86 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be  90 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 90 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 91 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday is to be 94 degrees and sunny and Saturday is to be 97 degrees and sunny. Nothing in the 100's this next week. 

Hopefully Mike will mow today. The yard grass is getting really high. I could do it myself since it is 71 degrees now and there is a nice breeze. But Leslie would not like me to do that. She would be upset.

Now I had better get the coffee cake going. 

I got the coffeecake finished and the glaze put on it and then I started my walk. There was a nice cool breeze so I really enjoyed it. I took off at 7:05AM and got back at 7:35AM. About 9:00AM or 9:30AM, I will start for the church. The breakfast is at 10:00AM and the worship at 11:00AM. Kelly will be operating the computer with the hymns and the theme for the day. I think Karan will be the speaker. 

Leslie should be back sometime today. She is in Independence Missouri at a leadership meeting of some kind. She has been there since Friday.

Mike came at 8:00AM and is mowing for me now. He told me he was a classmate of Keith's in high school. He is 67 years old too.

I am so happy it  is a nice mild day and  there is a nice breeze.

I just got home from church/Eggbert's. I had lunch with Phyllis. Karan was going to have lunch with John after he delivered the angel painting to Denise.  I was going  to have lunch at Penny's but Phyllis wasn't interested. They don't have menus and Phyllis doesn't carry a cell phone where the bar code could be scanned. She just wanted to go to Eggbert's where she could get the parfait she enjoys. It didn't matter to me where we ate.

We have no church over the Labor Day holiday. I will go locally here again.

More Later... 

I watched the Mission Center worship Service this evening. At 8:00PM, I will take my bath and put my pajamas on. Then at 9:00PM, I will go to bed. I have been up since 4:00AM.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Glad you have cooler weather. It’s still hot and humid here, but we’ll get your weather tomorrow.