Thursday, August 31, 2023

Thursday and a Trip to See Nancy

 I was up shortly before 5:00AM this morning, made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I turned on the TV and caught "the weather on the 8's" after awhile. I opened the front door and found Blondie waiting for me to get his breakfast. I took it out to him and he is eating now. 

This is the week's weather. Today is to be 89 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 91 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 92 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 95 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 96 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 98 degrees and Mostly sunny, and Wednesday is to be 96 degrees and Partly cloudy. That;s the week...no rain again..just lots of hot weather. Of course, nothing in the 100's forecast.

More Later... 

I took my walk at 7:55AM and got back home at 8:27AM.  It's another lovely day...so far. I picked up a full bag of trash this time, tied the bag up and put it in my dumpster.

 Then I will go see Nancy. 

Nancy has been moved to the 1st floor. That's for folks that are very confused. I went down to see her but she couldn't visit with me because she couldn't stay awake long enough. The nurse suggested we go out on their nice patio in back and we did that. Nancy could only walk with her walker. Then she was so confused she could only sit and nod off. I stayed as long as I could but she could not stay awake. Finally I told her I would come back next Thursday. She didn't object...she was too disoriented. She is a lot worse. Her blood pressure was 189/79..way too high! Finally I told her I would come back next Thursday and bring the Chronicles for her to read.. She didn't object. So I left.

I then called Sally to see if she wanted to go to lunch and she did so I drove down to Copan and we had their special that day.

Then I took Sally home. Then I went to the drug store to see if they would refill my meds for the shingles. They said I would have to see the physician's assistant that ordered it initially. So I had to make another  trip to Coffeyville to let Stacie take a look at it. Then she reordered the med. The shingles is better... but not gone yet.

I picked it up at Caney Drug. Then I took 4 quarters and bought a Chronicle for Nancy next week.

It's 7:06PM on my smart watch. It's 7:23PM on my computer. My computer is smarter then my smart watch.

I have just had my bath and put my pajamas on and will read in my Reader's Digest Condensed book now. I have had it for the better part of a month but I have had Denise's books to read and I have one more of those to read too. 

5 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Especially if staff knows you're coming, it's their job to get her up and ready. Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

They know I come see her every week on Thursday. I am the only one who comes to see her. I consider that tragic.

Galla Creek said...

Poor Nancy….

Dianne said...

I am so sorry about Nancy. You have been so good to her.

Margie's Musings said...

She has been my friend for 40 years. We worked together at Blackledges furniture store back in the day. Bob and I and the kids moved to Caney in 1968 and Bob and my brother-in-law car pooled to Bartlesville to work there. Bob and my brother in law car pooled to Bartlesville and My first job was to be the secretary for their centenary here in Caney.I typed the scripts for their play and answered the telephone. Then Blackledges needed someone to manage their gift shop and I did that for a year or so. Then one of the dentists needed a chairside assistant and I took that job since I was trained for it.