Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Tuesday and Laundry

I was up at almost 5:00AM this morning. I stripped my bed and did my towels and pajamas and got myself ready for the day. It took awhile for Blondie to come but he finally did. I fed him and he ate his fill and left. Then I put his dish in the garage and covered it as usual.

It took until almost 7:30 before they ran "the weather on the 8's" . They are obsessed with this new hurricane and that's all they are talking about. Idalia I think it is called.

But at almost 7:30AM I finally got the weather report for the next week 

Today is to be 91 degrees and Mostly sunny, Tomorrow is to be 90 degrees and  sunny, Thursday is to be 88 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 91 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 94 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 96 degrees and sunny, and Monday is to be 98 degrees and sunny...a sunny week with no moisture at all. And we badly need moisture.

I did my laundry....the sheets from the bed, the towels and my pajamas. Got it all dried and put it back on my bed. That always seems like such a hassle. I only do it every three weeks.

I am going to take my walk now. I texted "good morning" to Esther but she hasn't answered me.They may be tourist things now. It's afternoon in Germany. And it's 7:31 AM here.

She did answer me before I even took my walk. Maybe she was busy in the kitchen or something like that. 

More Later...I want to take my walk. 

I got back from my walk at 8:26AM. I picked up a half a bag of trash today. That's more then the last few times. I put the bag in my dumpster.

I got a telephone call from Quality Paint and Body and the woman was answering my message I left on Scott Mill's phone yesterday. She encouraged me to come back up anytime and Scott would take care of my problem. I asked her if now was alright and she said Yes. So  went on up and Scott took care of the problem on my driver's side front body. He put some kind of super glue on it, had me wait 5 minutes until it was set and then said it would be fine to drive. I asked him how much I owed him and he said "nothing".  He has worked on that area three times and never charged me a cent.

I dropped by Leslie's on my way home and was going to show it to her but she was not home. She was in Independence. I just missed her.

When I got home, I called Sally and asked her if she wanted to go to lunch and she said that sounded good to her. I offered her three options, The Independence pizza place, Dairy Queen up there or Copan Restaurant. She said "How about the fish place." I hadn't been there since Dean and I ate there and the fish was overcooked and tough. But I was willing to give then another try for Sally. So that 's where we are going. I am to pick her up at 11:40AM and it's 11:25AM  now. That's 15 minutes from now. So, back to Independence again. It's only 20 minutes so I can handle that. My only real expense is my utilities, gasoline and food. So I can handle that too.

I picked up Sally and we went back to Independence to the fish place, This time the fish was good. We had coleslaw with it. I get the child's Sally also uses the child's menu. Any of the regular adult selections were way too much food for both of us. .

After we ate we went to a place up there that had all kinds of great old stuff. I forget the name but it was the place where I saw a mantle clock just like the one my grandmother had that Bob Avery gave me when my sister, Phyllis, died. I am leaving it to Keith when I am gone.

More Later...

I was reading this afternoon until bath time. I will take my bath at 8;00PM and read on my latest book until 9:00PM when I ordinarily go to bed.

 

No comments: