Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Tuesday and Cookies

I was up shortly before 5:00AM, made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day.

When I opened the front door, Blondie was out front waiting for his breakfast. I got it out to him right away and he ate his fill and left.

I took my walk about  7:15AM and got back from it just in time to go out to the church to get Leslie's "yellow envelope" with the money from the retreat this past weekend.

First I caught "the weather on the 8's". Today is to be 78 degrees and PM thunderstorms, Wednesday is to be 82 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, and Thursday is to be 83 degrees and mostly cloudy, Friday is to be 82AM thunderstorms, Saturday is to be 86 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, Sunday is to be 80 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, and Monday is to be 80 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week. Rain Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday  and Sunday. That's a lot of rain. I hope it develops. We can sure use it and so can the Caney River! 

I ran by our church and picked up Leslie's yellow envelope at 8:00AM. 

Karan had got hold of me to say she didn't check her messages last night before she went to bed and she missed my notification that this was a cookie week. She was going to dress and go to the market to get her cookies.

Then I got hold of Karan again and told her I would buy her cookies too. That would save her having to get dressed and run to the market this morning and then out to our church. She agreed so I will get Karan's cookies to take up to Independence to the First Christian Church too.. but first I will stop at the market across the street from that church and buy Mike's and Billie Jo's and mine. They gave me money to do that several weeks ago. Then I will take all the cookies  to the First Christian Church.

Then I will take Leslie's yellow envelope out to her at her home and come on back home.

It is thundering and even lightening now. I don't know if we will get rain today or not. It sounds like it will rain. But we never know. We have several false alarms every month.

More Later....  It is raining now! But that didn't last long but perhaps it will start again later. PM thunderstorms are forecast this evening.

It's almost 7:00PM and I have had my bath and have my pajamas and robe on.

I think Stephen and Dee Anna have their grandchildren next door. I think they have risen their garage door and I saw a white dog run away from the the front of their duplex. Maybe the children have a pet.

I have a hair appointment tomorrow in Coffeyville at 9:00AM and then Bunco in the afternoon from 1:00PM until 3:30PM at the senior center.

Marilyn did the calling to find out how many will be there and Janet will set up the four tables and I will set up the chairs and put out the scorecards, dice, and tally lists.

No comments: