Thursday, September 5, 2024

Thursday and a Trip to Independence's First Christian Church

 I was up early as usual this morning, dressed, and put my right contact in and got myself dressed and ready for the day. This morning I will take cookies up to Independence to that church. I will buy them at the grocery store across the street from the church.Billie Jo gave me money for hers at church Sunday. Karan gave me hers at the senior center yesterday. I bought some of mine at WalMart at Coffeyville yesterday. They are beginning to serve their lunches again at that church and I will drive up there to deliver them at 9:00AM this morning.  I will leave here at 8:00AM or so.

Afterword  I may go to the Dairy Queen for lunch if's time for them to be open. If not, I will just come on back home.

I ended up just coming back home and had breakfast at Eggbert's in Caney.

Then later I went to Copan Restaurant and had lunch pie.

More Later...I haven't checked on the cats yet. They ate constantly yesterday. Most of the time there were three or four of them. It's only 5:26AM now so I have plenty of time.

There were four cats out there waiting for their breakfasts so I took four bowls out to them. Blondie is still wanting more. I will wait and see how he does.

In the meantime, I saw "the weather on the 8's"and here it is.

Today is to be 93 degrees and sunny, Tomorrow is to be 87 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 80 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 83 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 86 degrees and sunny, and Tuesday is to be 88 degrees and sunny.Wednesday is to be 90 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week...mostly sunny. One day of partly cloudy. The rest is sunny.

It's 6:31AM now.

More Later

I went up to Independence and bought more cookies at G & W Foods and took them across the street to the First Christian Church and one of the men working there came and took the cookies out of the car. 

A strange thing happened while I was getting ready to drive across the  street to the church. I tried to put the key in the car ignition and it would not let it go into the place where the key fits. So I couldn't even start the car. Finally I got out of the car and looked around at what could be wrong. Then I noticed that one of the back doors on the driver's side was slightly cracked. I opened that door and slammed it shut then I got back in the car and the key went right in and the car started. 

I believe that was the only time that has happened.

Now I believe I will go to Copan Restaurant for lunch. I had breakfast at Eggbert's here in Caney.

And that is what I did. I always like the lunch at Copan Restaurant

Later I went over to Coffeyville to the bank and withdrew $40.00 for the week. I had spent my money for my cookies on my cookies for the church.

More Later...

 

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I hope they appreciate all that gifting of cookies. It’s quite a chore for you. I like the Dairy Cream ice cream cone.