Monday, October 24, 2011

A Rental Duplex

This afternoon I looked at a duplex rental. I know I'm not in any position to rent anything right now but I am beginning to think about it.

This duplex wasn't bad. It needed a little paint on the trim on the outside. It could use some paint in the inside too....but not bad. It was two bedrooms and one bath....no garage or carport. That is disappointing. The rent was right. $490 a month. I would have to get rid of a few things to move. I would have to get rid of my second bedroom's furniture but that would not be a problem. It had no microwave. It also had cabinets above the washer and dryer area and I have a stack unit. That would be a problem. I don't know if my living room furniture would all fit into that living room. The bedrooms are a nice size. I would have to put my three piece wall unit in storage along with my books. I think everything else would fit. I think my dining room table and chairs would fit in the dining area in the kitchen, along with the server. I would need to get rid of my wicker swivel chairs. I would also have to sell the mower.

The biggest problem is the lack of a carport and outside storage for my tools. I suppose I could put up a storage shed.

Tomorrow afternoon Carla is coming out to give me an estimate on the house. I just need to know where I would stand financially. I made a list of the good things about the duplex and the drawbacks. Now I need to make a comparison.

The primary problem is Slinky and Missy. No pets.

No comments: