Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday and Work Again

This morning I will go to work again. I am ready. What a busy week I have had so far. Today I start my chaplain week. After work I will drop by the hospital and leave my cards at each desk and see if anyone wants to see a chaplain. Tomorrow is our in-service at the hospital. I will need to leave at 11:00 to attend but that shouldn't be a problem. I go in early every morning.

As for the rest of the day, I have nothing scheduled.

I saw Carla, the realtor, again at the city commission meeting yesterday. She was there on behalf of an organization thaat is trying to clean up the downtown area and she gave a report. When I saw her at her office yesterday afternoon, she went over all the expenses I would incur during the sale of my house. After I paid off my mortgage, using the figures she thought I would get for my house, I would come out with less then $20,000 to put in my savings and I would be renting something without outside storage or a garage. Finally she said, "Margie, I don't think you are ready to move into a rental yet. I think you should stay in your home for awhile yet and let your children help you if you have an emergency and if they want to do so." This woman stood to make over $4,000 in commission for the sale of my house. I told her I would certainly consider her advice in making my decision.

My main concerns are twofold. First and foremost, a forty year old central air conditioning system that would cost at least $3500 to replace and second, my fence. The fence will have to be reinforced. It is leaning and will be falling down in time. The alternative to replacing or having it repaired would be to take it down. I could do that after Slinky is gone but not now.

So I have a decision to make this week.

No comments: