Sunday, October 23, 2011

Early Sunday Morning

I watched the World Series again last night. What a game! The ending score was 16 to 7 in favor of Saint Louis. There were several home runs. So now it's three to one in favor of the Cardinals. I got to bed after 11:00 and slept wonderfully. It's amazing what staying up later will do for one's sleep. Missy got me up at 4:00 to go out but I got right back to sleep afterward. Then promptly at 5:00, Slinky started barking. he was hungry and wanted his breakfast. I got up about 5:30, made up my face and dressed before coming out to the kitchen to get his food ready. Then I Let Missy in and fed her and then, what do you know...Inky came in too. I let him into the garage and fed him. I just let him out.

I put olive oil in Slinky's ears again this morning to try to smother the ear mites. It won't hurt him and if he digs in his ears and then licks his paws like he usually does, that won't hurt him either. I will do that for a couple of weeks and see if I can get rid of the ear mites.

Today I will go to church as usual and afterward we will all eat out somewhere...I imagine El Publeto. My son-in-law likes both Mexican and Chinese food. I prefer American food but I like the fellowship so I go along with wherever they want to go. Then when I get home I'll do the newsletters and Sixty Minutes.

I read in my health newsletter that the kitchen is the germiest room in the house and that we should wipe down countertops constantly and put the dishes through the dishwasher instead of washing them in the sink. This is to avoid picking up bacteria and getting sick. I seldom am sick but I thought I would give it a try anyhow. Later this week, on Thursday, we have our in-service at the hospital and I imagine we will get our flu shots then. I really don't like to take them but if I'm going to chaplain, I have to. We come into contact with so many sick people in the hospital.

Maybe the World Series is on tonight. I'll have to check. They are doing three games in Texas before going back to Saint Louis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deciding to tile your kitchen countertops is actually a very good thought and you will find lots of tile solutions out there in which to choose from. It seriously depends upon your budget as to which tiles you opt for and some supplies are more high priced than others.