Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Stressful Day

Yesterday was pretty stressful. When I got home from having lunch with my brother-in-law and my work, Bobby was still here trying to get the garage door opener to work. There was another little part that had broken off that he hadn't noticed and that kept a small gear from meshing with it's counterpart. He was trying to adjust it so that that gear would work. Finally, just as he was about to give up, my daughter came. She's very mechanically inclined and between the two of them they finally got it jerry rigged to work. I don't know how long it will hold with that little piece of copper wire holding it together but when it does break, I am just going to bite the bullet and call Independence Overhead Door to come replace the entire unit. I don't have the nerve to call on Bobby again. He spent two entire mornings working on that door opener. He and Karan own a mobile home lot and always have plenty of work of their own. Plus they are helping his daughter redo her house.

Then after Bobby left, Leslie and I went to look at that duplex. She wasn't impressed. It didn't have a carport or garage and we have hailstorms here and it was a little seedy we then went to Service Office and Supply and ordered a new print copier (actually they are calling them scanners now) for the church.

After she left I came on back home. Later that evening, Scott called to say Becky, his girlfriend, was coming this way with a load of siding for her new barn on her way from Tulsa to Fort Scott and wondered if I would like to have dinner with her. I had a good lunch but hated to tell her "no" so I met her at El Pueblilo and we had dinner. I had a good visit with her.

When I got home, I took my bath and watched the seventh game of the World Series. Then I went to bed and slept like a baby until 5:00 AM.

I stripped my bed this morning and am doing a load of laundry now. I have fed Slinky and Missy and he is lying here at my feet on his new bed. Missy is outside.

No comments: