Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Tuesday and A Quiet Day

I slept well last night. I had a lot of sinus drainage when I went to bed so I took an allergy pill and that always makes me sleep well. I was only up once in the night to go to the bathroom and took my two meds. 

When I opened the door to the front door, Blondie was out there waiting for me to bring him his food.

I started the blog in the den and when I took the laptop in the living room, I saw that he had eaten quickly and left. Scruff hasn't come yet so I will leave the food out there for a little bit and see if she comes to eat. Sure enough she is out there now eating her breakfast. She is looking around for Blondie and now is drinking some of that fresh water I put out there yesterday. Now she is leaving too. It's 58 degrees out there.

I am still waiting for "the weather on the 8's" to come on. I haven't fixed my breakfast yet but I am next.

I am eating my breakfast now..here in the den.  If it's not too cold this morning, I will take my walk. It has been several days since I have been able to do that since if it isn't too cold, it rains. Yesterday while I was in Bartlesville, I washed my car at Okie's and swept it out and wiped the windows off. It's a 15 year old car but I like to keep it clean if possible.

I will read today on that last library book. So far I'm not too impressed with it but it's here until tomorrow when I return it to the Coffeyville library and get a couple more of those James Patterson books. His are the best.

Now I will post the week's weather forecast.

Today will be 74 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 62 degrees and mostly cloudy. Thursday is to be 52 degrees and thunderstorms, Friday is to be 50 degrees and AM rain and snow showers, Saturday 55 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 62 degrees and mostly sunny, and Monday is to be 71 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week! It will be interesting to see if we get that snow on Friday. We need all the moisture we can get.

I had a letter from the city yesterday telling us that the Caney water has a chemical in it that shouldn't be in there. They are supposed to test for that two times a month and that was not done in 2021 .,,nor was it reported on time. I never drink the Caney water. I drink bottled water. One never knows what the long term problems with the water here will bring to our long time health. 

They are suppose to monitor for any cloudiness that tells them whether there is disinfectant residual in the water. They are also supposed to report any residual coliform bacteria two times a month.. And that was not done. The letter says that is a drinking water violation. And they are supposed to report any violation to KDHE ten days after the last day of the month and they didn't get that done. So that was a violation.

I took my walk at 7:57AM and got back at 8:35AM. I could tell I hadn't taken my walk in some time. The street was full of trash and I had an entire full grocery bag of trash to put out for the trash collectors today. What a tragedy. No pride in the community at all. Tin pop cans, lots of paper, even cardboard boxes. One huge cardboard box was ten feet away from a large dumpster. Why couldn't they just put it in that instead of throwing it out in the street?

Oh well..people who have no pride in their community just don't care. Their homes and yards probably look just like that....trash everywhere. Disgusting!

I guess I will go back to my book. I would like to finish it today so I can take it back to the library tomorrow.

I called my niece Denise and made a lunch date with her and then I went over to Coffeyville and picked her up and we went to Eggbert's  for lunch.  After I took her home I went back to my last book. I would like to finish it this evening so I can return both of them to the Coffeyville library in the morning. Denise gave me two large sacks of books. She has read them and does not want them back. I will donate them to one of the libraries after I read them all.

I turned on both computers and neither one had a signal so I rebooted both of them and when they came back up I had signals on both of them.

Now the CBS news is on and I will go watch it.

More Later..

I watched the CBS News and now I will get back to my book. It is 6:04PM and I will take my bath at 7:00PM as usual.

After that I will read some more until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.


 

No comments: