Monday, February 27, 2023

Monday and a Windstorm

I slept pretty well last night.I got up twice but got right back to sleep until 5:15AM when I finally got up and dressed, made my bed and am preparing to start my breakfast.

I looked out for the cats but there were leaves everywhere all around the door ....and even in their water from the wind. I got my broom and swept them away from the door, emptied the water dish and refilled it with fresh water...not that that will do any good with that wind still blowing like it is. I don't like wind..it makes me nervous blowing the way it is. I will not be going down to see Nancy today unless the wind calms down. 55 mile per hour winds would blow my little car all over the highway. I will call her when I see what the morning will be like. I usually don't go down there until 10:00AM or so. She is nearly always in bed no matter what time I get there.

I did catch "the weather on the 8's" on the TV. Today is to be 70 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 53 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 64 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 52 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Friday is to be 51 degrees and scattered showers, Saturday is to be 55 degrees and partly cloudy, and Sunday is to be 63 degrees and mostly sunny. Between Thursday and Friday we should get some moisture...which we sorely need.

It's 9:32AM now and the wind had slowed down so I guess I will go down to visit Nancy after all. I will take her to lunch and if we can find Sally we will have lunch with her.

More Later... 


It turned into a beautiful day and Nancy and I did find Sally and ate breakfast with her.

Then I went to Okie's car wash and washed my car and vacuumed it out. Afterward I took Nancy back to her assisted living.  I will not go visit her next week. Her son and his wife will be there to visit her then and I want to give them some privacy.

When I got home I went by the Dollar General store and bought two of the items I needed, They did not have the instant oatmeal I eat for breakfast so I stopped by the Caney Market and picked up the other two things I needed there.,,,flavored water and the instant oatmeal.

I will need to get a treat for Bunco on Wednesday but they didn't have what I was looking for...neither store.I will get something at Walmart on Wednesday when I am in Coffeyville for my hair appointment and Bunco. I want to drop by the library there and take the two books back that I checked out there last Wednesday.

More Later...

I read this afternoon and stopped only to watch the CBS evening news and read after that until nearly 7:00PM..when I took my bath. I plan to go to bed sometime between 9:00PM and 10:00PM...as usual.

 

No comments: