Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Wednesday and Bunco

I slept well again last night. I was up at my usual 5:00AM, made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I am eating my breakfast here in the den. I put these big bags of books Denise gave me yesterday in my clothes closet. I am really out of storage here. When I am gone, I have no idea what the kids will do with all the stuff I have stored in the closets and in the attic. They will have to have a huge yard sale. The books can be donated to the two libraries to sell and make money from them.  

When my mother died, Phyllis and I had an auctioneer friend of mother's do an auction. He managed to sell everything she had left. That would be a good way for the kids to get rid of my stuff. Keith and Esther could use my Thomasville and Drexel furniture.And the dining room table was made by the Amish. Well, hopefully that will be awhile yet. My great aunt Margie, that I was named after, lived to be 104 and was never sick. She went to bed one night and just didn't wake up the next morning...that's the way to go. That would be another 17 years for me. 

But enough of that! I will get my hair done at 8:30AM this morning in Coffeyville and then I will go to the library and return the books I checked out last week and read there until time to go to the senior center for Bunco.

I may visit with Marilyn after that. It depends on how she is feeling. 

David and his wife will be coming to Caney to visit Nancy for a week at the  assisted living where she lives in Bartlesville so I will not be going there on Monday. I will need to take the cookies to Independence on Monday instead of Tuesday since Leslie has her hair appointment in South Coffeyville at 8:00AM on Tuesday and then we will be going to Tulsa after that to get my new hearing aids. 

Then the next week on Wednesday the 8th my social security comes in. And my wellness checkup at Dr. Christensen"s is Thursday the 9th. I have three birthdays to plan for in March too. ..Kelly's, Cyndi's and Maia's. I will send Kelly and Cyndi birthday cards from the congregation and send $13.00 and a birthday card to Maia...my great granddaughter. She will be 13 on the 14th. 

Then Sally and I will go to the Bartlesville community center to see "Chicago" on the 16th. 

Leslie's ordination to High Priest will be held at the church's campgrounds just south of Joplin, Missouri, at the Mini Conference held here on the 18th . We will go down there the day before on the 17th and stay overnight. The conference starts at 9:00AM Saturday. It will be  a busy month, that's for sure ! 

April will be just as busy. My grandson, Jeromy's, birthday is on Sunday April 2nd and Sally and I will be attending our last concert, "Stomp!", on Monday April 3rd. It is also the church's World Conference from April 22nd through the 28th. Leslie and I are both delegates and will be going to that for the week too.

Both cats came for breakfast this morning. Blondie ate fast and left, Scruff ate longer but just now left.

Then "the weather on the 8's"came on. Today is going to be 62 degrees and cloudy, Thursday will be 57 degrees and rain, Friday will be 56 degrees and rain and wind,  Saturday will be 60 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday will be 69 and partly cloudy, Monday will be 73 degrees and mostly cloudy , and Tuesday will be 66 degrees and mostly cloudy. It looks like we will have a couple of days of rain the next week. 

More Later...It's 6:55AM now. I will leave for Coffeyville at 8:00AM.

I went to the bank first when I got to Coffeyville. Then I went to the beauty shop and got   my hair done. From there I went to Dr. Dobbins' and got my new contacts. That was $80. Then I went out to the Woodshed and bought gas for my car. Then I went to Walmart and bought the few things I can't get at the Caney Market. Next I stopped at Sonic and bought a cherry limeade slush. I then went to the library and returned the two books I had checked out there earlier last week. I got another James Patterson book because I forgot the one I had intended to take from those Denise gave me. This time, though I just checked out one. I have plenty of books to read now at home. I sat in the car for quite awhile and read.

We had some real good treats at Bunco. I never eat lunch when I go to Bunco.

I got home about 3:15PM.

More Later...

I read all afternoon on the James Patterson book from the library and took my bath at 7:00PM and read until my bedtime at 9:00PM. Then I took an allergy pill and went to bed afterward.

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Glad you have things to do and places Togo.

Galla Creek said...

to go.
Oops