Sunday, February 26, 2023

Sunday and Breakfast at Church

I slept well again last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day, Then I made up my coffeecake and put it in the oven to bake. It is to bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees. After it's baked I will put a glaze on it made up of butter, powdered sugar and milk. The butter is setting on the top of the oven now...hopefully melting so I can add the powdered sugar and get it to the consistency I want before I drizzle it over the cool coffeecake. I use the Krusteaz brand. It is excellent.....much better then the cheaper brands. And I add chopped pecans between the layers and on top of the batter and topping before I bake it. Everybody brings something different for the church breakfasts. We eat at 10:00 or 10:30AM and then go right into the worship service at 11:00AM. 

I usually have some leftover coffeecake and I put that in a small plastic bag and take some of it to Nancy tomorrow. She drinks coffee with it and looks forward to my visits on Mondays...and that coffeecake. She eats it after I am gone. It stays fresh in that zip lock bag.

I'd better check on that coffeecake now and the cats and drink my coffee. More later... 

The coffeecake is done and cooling so I can put the glaze on it. Neither of the cats are out there...at least not yet.  It appears to be sprinkling or at least it has been. The computers say it is 43 degrees out there....not terribly cold. I haven't seen the weather forecast yet. I will go check on it again soon.

I got the weather forecast at last.Today will be 59 degrees and PM thunderstorms, Monday will be 70 degrees and sunny, Tuesday will be 70 degrees and sunny too, Wednesday is to be 61 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 49 degrees and PM light rain. Friday is to be 47 degrees and mostly sunny, and Saturday is to be 54 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the next week...a couple of days of rain in it . We do need the rain!

I got the glaze on the coffeecake after it cooled. Still no cats yet though.

More Later...

I left at 9:30AM for church and took my coffeecake. There was a nice group at church and Johnna had a good sermon on Lent. After church, Phyllis and I went to Eggbert's in Coffeyville for lunch.

Afterward I came on back home and checked out my computers, They both had a temporary error but I think they are both o.k. now. 

I worked a couple of hours on a sermon for March 19th and then I took my bath at 7:00PM and put my pajamas and robe on. I read my latest book until 8:30PM and plan to go on to bed at 9:00PM as usual.


 

No comments: