Saturday, March 4, 2023

Saturday and a Funeral

I didn't sleep all that well last night. I had a mess with the bank and Atmos Energy last evening. I noticed they had taken my Atmos Energy bill out of my checking account but had an overdue memo on my online banking. It wasn't overdue. It had come out and was listed on my statement  as having come out on time.

So I called Atmos Energy and got billing. They said they had problems with Kansas and the payment of $133.51 would show up in their records in a couple of days and I would not owe another $224.67 on the 30th. I would only owe $91.16 on the 30th. They advised me to cancel that scheduled payment and enter the correct amount. So I cancelled that payment but the on line banking would not allow me to reschedule the correct amount. I wanted to talk to Lisa, who is the manager there but she was off until Monday and the woman that I talked to at the bank didn't know how to help me. I will have to get hold of Lisa about it on Monday. I cancelled Atmos Energy online banking and want to just be billed directly here at home and I will write them a check each month. I will have to deal with that on Monday though. Atmos Energy billing is only open Monday through Friday.

So all that mess was on my mind and I woke up about 4:00AM and could not get back to sleep.

It's 5:25AM now and I am fully awake. I have made my bed and dressed and will fix my breakfast in a little while and also check out the weather forecast...and later...the cats. 

I will meet Leslie at Tyro at 11:00AM and we will go to Coffeyville to pick up Karan and then we will go to the campgrounds for the funeral services for Lester Lay.. Leslie says we will eat lunch before we go to the campgrounds...probably at Joplin I am thinking.

More Later... 

I have had my breakfast here in the living room while I wait for the "weather on the 8's" to come on. It's late this morning while they go over all the other weather in America. It's 34 degrees now here in Caney according to the laptop computer.

Blondie was the only cat that came for his breakfast. I took the cat food out for him. I don't see anything of Scruff . She didn't show up this morning. He is eating though. Maybe she will come a little later. I see he ate and has left now. 34 degrees is pretty cold for cats.

I see today is supposed to be 64 degrees and partly cloudy , Sunday is to be 73 degrees and partly cloudy and windy,  Monday is to be 73 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 55 degrees and showers, Wednesday is to be 55 degrees and rain, Thursday is to be 53 degrees and rain, Friday is to be 47 degrees and showers. That's the week and it looks like we are going to get some much needed rain. 

It's 9:32AM now and I just finished the book I was reading. I will need to leave for Tyro about 10:30AM or even a little earlier. I don't want to be late for meeting Leslie. It's 42 degrees now and I might be able to take my walk but it might make me run late.  I will give it a try. 

I was able to take my walk and get back in plenty of time to drive over to Tyro to meeting Leslie  and then we went over to Coffeyville to pick up Karan. Then Leslie took us to the church's reunion grounds for the funeral. It was huge. Over 100 people were there..members of the church and also friends of the Lays there for Lester's funeral.  It was quite an affair...all his children and grandchildren were there as well as everyone in the area that came to stand up for Patsy. Many of them spoke of their admiration for Lester.  

We got back home about 6:30PM and I immediately took my bath and started reading a new book until 9:00PM, my usual bedtime.

I was very tired but needed to wind down.

No comments: