Thursday, May 22, 2008

Break My Neck

We decided today to put plastic flat screening on the guttering after we found a bird in the drain yesterday and it couldn't get out. We took the drain down and got it out and it flew away then we washed out the drain and got a half trash bag full of debris from the trees...sticks, and seed pods. So Bob climbed up on the ladder and installed the screening to filter that stuff out. He played out two thirds of the way through and so I was going to finish it. I was on the ladder when it slipped out from under me. I must have a "thing" for ladders. I fell into the flower bed and scraped and cut my right leg and got a deep gash on the left one too. The right leg immediately turned black so Bob brought me some ice, peroxide, antibiotic ointment and bandages and I washed and washed the bruise with the ice and elevated it. It then turned red and the bruise cleared up. The right leg looks bad but doesn't hurt now. The left leg has the deep cut in it but doesn't hurt so I think I will live. He finished the job and I went back to holding the ladder and handing him things.
One of these days....

It was a pretty day though and not hot. There was good breeze so that helped a lot.

Youngest son, Scott, got moved today. Leslie, his sister, and John, her husband are going to give him a good sofa, two reclining chairs and a coffee table and two end tables but they can't take the things to him this weekend. They have their granddaughter, Sage, this weekend.

No comments: