Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Job Interview

The library called last evening and set up a job interview for me for Thursday at 4:00. I am really interested in this job as a library aide but with the economy the way it is, I probably have little chance of getting it. But I am going to give it my best shot anyhow.

Sunday afternoon our son from Ft. Leonard Wood came back to spend the rest of his leave with us. It rained yesterday so we drove down to Bartlesville where they have a small mall and looked around. Bob bought a new shirt and we all had lunch at Garfield's.

When we got home we rented a movie and watched it all afternoon. It was a good one called "Invincible". It was a true story about a football player who won a place on the Philadelphia team with an open draft from the public. It happened back in the 70's.

Then last night we watched The American Experience on PBS about the great depression. We all went to bed about 10:00 and had a good night's sleep.

I got up at 6:00 this morning and let the cat back in and let the dog out to do his thing. In cold damp weather like this week, we keep him in the garage at night near the hot water tank. He's such a sweetheart. I fixed his cinnamon toast after I got my coffee and went out on the patio to feed it to him a bite at a time.

It's raining again this morning so his walk will have to wait until it stops.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Margie, I have TW this week and he is about to get the best of me! I hope you get the job at the library and sounds like you had a great visit with your son. I have seen that movie and it is good. We watched one over the weekend with Anthony Hopkins called The Worlds Fastest Indian. I thought it would be awful but the Indian is a motorcycle and it is a true story about a guy from New Zealand. June in Australia said she was going to rent it. She had heard of the movie. It was really a cute movie.

Margie's Musings said...

We might rent it too, Judy. There certainly isn't much of anything on TV to watch.

Mari Meehan said...

You keep mentioning Bartlesville. My Uncle and his family used to live there many, many years ago. He played basketball for Phillips 66!

Margie's Musings said...

Is that right! We lived there for 16 years. Two of our children were born there. Bob worked for Phillips Petroleum Company until he retired in 1985.