Monday, January 26, 2009

Ice Storm Forecast

We are forecast an ice storm today. I dread such a forecast because we may have power lines down and outages. If that happens, we may have to go to a Red Cross shelter until the power is back on. I am hoping it will not develop. We had hoped to meet Gay and Tony tomorrow for lunch. And, of course, we have Slinky to worry about too. I don't know what we would do with him if we lose power.

The ice storm is supposed to add snow tomorrow. That is also a dangerous forecast. This is Kansas and small towns generally do not have the resources to clear snow over ice. We may be inside for awhile.

I will keep everyone advised if I still have the internet later on today and tonight. As we all know, the forecast does not always develop.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Here's hoping the ice storm forecast will not come to pass. Thank goodness you did your grocery shopping for the week, though!

We've been fortunate here---some severe cold, but only minor snow acccumulations. Knock on wood. :-)

Margie's Musings said...

I understand. I do not like ice storms. They do so much damage.

Balisha said...

I have been watching the weather, because my daughter is flying to DC today.I think she will be OK, and I hope that you are too, Margie. Isn't it nice that we have friends on these blogs and can show concern for them? Take care today.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is Balisha. Thanks for thinking of me!

Betty said...

We have a winter storm warning here, too. It will probably be all ice and sleet, maybe one inch. I don't mind snow so much, but the ice causes outages. Brrrrr.

JunieRose2005 said...

Margie,

I hope that bad weather didn't happen for you! Will check back tomorrow.


Junie