Saturday, January 17, 2009

Martin Luther King Celebration

Today is the first of the Martin Luther King Celebrations in the area. This one is this morning at 10:00. It will be held at the First Christian Church. Dr. John Tidwell of KU, an English professor, will speak. There will be cookies and coffee served afterward at a reception.

Marilyn and Bob and I will go in at 9:15 and get the reception set up.

I have not heard Dr. Tidwell since I did not attend last year here. I had a part in the Independence, Kansas, service last year.

This year we will attend both services. The one in Independence is Sunday evening. The speaker there is Dr. Timothy Jackson, who is a preacher from Bartlesville. He is a dynamic preacher. I heard him here two years ago and three years ago and recommended we get him for the Independence service. It will be held at the Church of the Brethren. So, we should get a lot of church this weekend.

I preside at our church Sunday morning and my daughter speaks. It is also our budget business meeting. We did not have a simple majority last week so we postponed it. This week, we will have the meeting even if we do not have a simple majority. Everyone has been notified of the meeting well in advance so we will proceed.

No comments: