Thursday, February 5, 2009

Busy Wednesday

Yesterday was pretty busy. I went to Independence to get my hair done, go to breakfast with Juanita and dropped by Nanny LaRose to see if Karen had any new jeans for Spring. They won't be here until next week so I'll check back.

I came home and had lunch and after Bob's nap, we went to see my sister who finally went home from the nursing home on Monday. She is very feeble. My brother-in-law has his hands full. He put bars next to the tub and stool so she could bathe herself and get up and down from the commode but he ended up having to bathe her himself. She can barely navigate herself but even worse is that the Alzheimer's Disease seems to have gotten even worse. She asks the same questions over and over again. I told him to call me when he simply has to get away and I will go sit with her and visit her.

She and he had watched that special on PBS on Tuesday evening about Alzheimer's Disease. It was very appalling to him that there seemed to be no hope...even with that new drug that is supposed to slow it down.

Taking care of her is going to be a job...that's for sure.

Today we will go to Ministerial Alliance at noon. We have nothing else planned. I may go out this evening and help Leslie paint her house. She is working on the great room.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie,
I have such warm feelings about a husband who will take on the job of caring for his wife with alzheimer's disease. My Dad took care of Mom for 10 yrs at home. It is the hardest thing to deal with and the caregiver needs a lot of support and help.They just need to get away sometimes.Are there any support groups in your town? As you know, I'm sure,sometimes just talking to someone in your situation can be a blessing.It's good that he has you to just be there.

Margie's Musings said...

No, there isn't. This is a very small town. But perhaps with their daughter and me in this town, together we can give him some relief.