Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Another Busy Day

This morning I went to visit my sister while her husband went to eat breakfast with friends. Afterward, Bob and I went to vote and then to town for him to check in with the Red Cross. The woman he needed to see wasn't working today. We came back home and then went back to the doctor. Bob came home with a bad case of shingles and she gave him some pain meds to help with the pain. They are drying up slowly but the pain continues. When he is over them, we will both get the vaccination.

This afternoon, I am paying bills and reading.

This evening we will just stay home and watch TV.

Tomorrow, I get my hair done and have breakfast with Juanita. Bob will come up for Independence Ministerial Association meeting at Mercy Hospital and I will meet him there. Then Wednesday evening we will go to John and Sue's home for an early Maundy Thursday service.

Sometime tomorrow, Scott thinks he and Ashley will come in. I doubt it. I think it will be Thursday before they get here.

Oh yes! The airlines lost his luggage again. This is the fourth time. He called at 10:00 last night to get our address for them to deliver it to if they find it. Of course, they intended to leave LA today for Tyler, Texas and then after loading up her stuff there, start for Coffeyville. So they would not be in LA long enough to get the luggage or in Tyler, Texas either. They lost Jerod's luggage last year with $1500 worth of uniforms and clothing in it. After 90 days, they finally sent him a check. Of course, by then, he had had to replace the uniforms and buy some basic civvies.

6 comments:

Linda said...

My stomach gets queezy when I think about flying anymore.

Hope Bob'shingles clear up soon. I'm amazed he's gone this long without pain medication.

Margie's Musings said...

He got some pain meds today, Linda. I wanted him to visit our family doctor so she could chart this episode. She prescribed some pain meds. She also wrote a script for the shot to prevent it from happening again. She gave me a script too since I have had them twice.

Beth said...

I sure do hope Bob's shingles go away soon---I've heard that they are very painful. I think I'm going to ask my doctor about that shingles vaccination---seems like we should all get it.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, we should. My doctor gave us prescriptions to get the vaccine at the pharmacy because she said it was too expensive to keep on hand. It will depend on the price whether we get it or not. Neither of us has a prescription plan. She seemed to think Medicare would pay for it though.

Judy said...

I don't like to fly either and the airlines are always losing luggage! I hear that shingles are terrible. I hope you both have a great Easter.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks for your comments, Judy, Beth and Linda.

Happy Easter to all of you as well.