Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day Out Of Town

Today, I will go to Bartlesville with my daughter. She is going to buy some storm doors for the doors of her new home. I will help her load and unload them. Then we will go to the mall. She also wants to go to Hobby Lobby. I haven't been there since I stopped scrapbooking. It should be a fun day.

Bob is going to be in Tulsa taking a Red Cross course. Red Cross is not deploying any volunteers around here right now for some reason. For one thing, there haven't been many destructive hurricanes this season. That's a good thing. But he will be prepared if they do.

I have noticed something about Bob's diabetes. We aren't eating potatoes or much bread and he has steadily lost weight. I eat the same foods he eats and yet I don't drop a pound. I wonder why that is? In the afternoons he snacks on ham and cheese and nuts and is still losing weight. He doesn't need to lose another pound. The last I checked, he weighed 148. He's 5' 10" so that's very thin. I notice the new jeans we just bought him a couple of months ago are beginning to hang on him now. He is getting very fragile. He will be 80 in May. That is worrisome.

Tomorrow we will have a guest minister at church. It is Terry M from Joplin. There will be a cookout afterward. I will take baked beans and a dump cake dessert. I also have the meat here and must not forget to take it. It should be a good time. If it rains we will cook in the church's kitchen.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Have fun today Margie.Sounds like a good menu. Dump cake...a favorite of mine.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Balisha...thanks.