Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Doctor Appointments Day

This is the day Bob sees the oncologist. He will also see the radiologist. One appointment is at 1:00 and the other at 2:00. I hope he is up to it. Yesterday he felt bad most of the day. When he went to bed last night I left crackers, water and a pain pill next to his bed. I imagine he took the pain pill. He usually does. He is taking them regularly now.

He ate his dinner out on the patio and while he ate and enjoyed the lovely evening, I cleaned up the mess the storm of the previous day made with my peonies. I cut them off and picked up the scattered pedals. Then I picked up the twigs and sticks scattered around the yard. It was quite a mess. I would love to mow today if the grass is dry.

I went to Independence this morning to get my hair done and hair cut. On the way I canceled breakfast with Juanita and I also canceled my hair appointments for the next three weeks. Bob said this morning that he doubted he would live a month.

After we see both his doctors this afternoon, he wants me to call our doctor and get something stronger for the pain.

I hope his birthday doesn't turn into a memorial service.

More later in the day...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, I am sorry to hear about all the medicines your Bob is on. I know you don't take anything and neither do I. I hate the thoughts that someday I may have to be on a bunch of medicine. I heard about all the tornadoes in Oklahoma and Kansas and wondered if they were near you all. I hope things go well today and am sorry to hear how much pain your husband is having.

Margie's Musings said...

No, the tornadoes were further north and west of us, Judy.

Bob is struggling. Thanks for your concerns.

pat m said...

This is tough as much for you as for Bob...so don't forget to take care of yourself.