Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hair Day Again

Keith got here about 10:00 last night. That guy drove straight through 18 hours. He was not even particularly tired. He always was a night owl. It was sure good to see him again.

I have a 7:30 hair appointment this morning and he is going with me. It's time to get him up. While he takes his shower and shaves, I'll finish my thoughts.

He brought me a new desktop computer. He is a sweetheart. He evidently did not want to deal with trying to fix mine. It has crashed dozens of times in the past three months. I will boot it up and try to e-mail important documents to the laptop or save all of it on a thumb drive. This computer has Windows 7 on it. It's a Compac. I am through with Dell. The one I have is three years old and it crashes constantly. The laptop is also Dell but so far it is holding up. I will send the desktop back with Keith. Perhaps in his spare time he can fix it.

I dread the re-installing all my programs. I have the modem, the scanner, my camera software, and the router to be reinstalled as well as setting up my e-mail again.

Leslie just went through that and said it took her a week to get it all going again.

Oh well, at least I will have a desktop computer again. That will be unique after all these months of running Windows version of fixing it with diskcheck. It hasn't worked.

Later, because my printer would not be compatible with Windows 7, he also bought be a new printer. We spent the rest of the afternoon getting everything configured.

Then at 5:00 we went out to Leslie and John's for chili. It was really good. Keith, by this time, was very tired. We came back home and he went to bed at 8:00...totally wiped out. The trip, all in one day, nearly did him in. It was 18 hours...straight through.

2 comments:

clairz said...

I kept thinking that your desktop sounded like it was done for, but didn't want to say. Glad you got a new one because it seems like once they start crashing, there isn't much hope.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Margie!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Clair...but it has Windows 7 installed on it and that is completely different from XP or even Vista. I had to but a book to learn it. It's a mystery.