Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Slap Dash Men!

Yesterday during the rain, once again I noticed my windshield wiper blades on the driver's side were not working properly. The one on the driver's side would catch on the one on the rider's side and even bend. The rider's side cleaned well though the driver's side only cleaned half the window.

So, although I don't think there's any rain in tomorrow's forecast, I decided to replace the driver's side blade. I went to Auto Zone where they will install them for you at no charge. They replaced the driver's side for a little over $10.00. When she replaced it, she noticed the rider's side, was the wrong size. In today's cars, they are supposed to be two different sizes. So I bought a second one and it works perfectly now. The second one was a dollar cheaper.

The men at Fast Lube had put those on for me only last winter. I will know better then that now. I know they charged me an arm and a leg and still got the wrong wiper blade.

I will leave in about an hour to go visit Phyllis. Then about 10:45 I will leave for my luncheon engagement with Gay.

The rest of the day I will do some cleaning here at home. I have nothing else planned.

I went to see Phyllis this morning and she was sleeping in a chair. I couldn't seem to wake her by holding her hand but finally she roused just a little. She was slumped over and her head was on her chest. It hurt me just to see how she was sitting. I stayed about 40 minutes, had a short visit with Denise in the parking lot and got to Cherryvale in time to have lunch with Gay. We stayed about two hours and caught up quite a bit of news.

Then I came home and was catching up my e-mail when a transformer blew out back and the power went out. I called the city on my cell and they were out here within thirty minutes. that was fast god service!

I will pick up Bob A. tomorrow at 6:45. He is going with me to my appointment in Wichita. They said they may dilate my eyes and I would need someone to drive home for me if they do that. It's awfully good of him to come with me.

I will watch Tv tonight. Nova is on PBS and after that Frontline. I enjoy both those programs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really got taken at a Jiffy Lube here a few years ago. They charged me over $100 dollars for some kind of filter they put in my "new" car. I guess I was stupid enough to believe them, too. I never go to those places anymore.

Margie's Musings said...

I won't go again.