Friday, July 15, 2011

Home At Last!

Well, I am home at last. I got home after noon. I called Bob A. to thank him for all the help with my animals and plants. Then I began the laundry.

Slinky was very hot and I let him into the kitchen. Missy was in terrible distress. She cried and cried. She was hiding under the sofa and would not come out. Finally I turned the sofa over so she could see me and she came out and followed me around the house crying pitifully. I gave her a treat. She used the litter box. She really did not want to go out but I felt she needed to get out of the house. I made her go out. She came home for supper though and Inky finally showed up too.

I had tons of mail. My new cover for the glider had come. I ordered it with my credit points from Amazon. I also got some clearance shoes from HSN. They were $17.00.

Cox cable came right after I opened all the mail. They had left me a new test modem and they wanted to check it out.

I went to the bank to get a signature on an insurance check for the roofer and the manager was not there. Since I have a meeting in Independence shortly after work on Monday, I drove over to Caney to get it signed and deposited.

I called Leslie on my way home. She seemed annoyed. I won't call her again right away. I wasn't trying to annoy her. I just wanted to check in and see how her vacation went. She didn't want to talk.

I got the laundry done and sent off the report for the Temple School class. I also mowed the yard about 8:00. It was about 90 degrees but the yard had gone to seed. Maybe I can get it trimmed tomorrow sometime.

I never did make it to get milk. I imagine my milk is sour. Maybe I can use coffee creamer in Slinky's oatmeal in the morning. I am going to have breakfast with Bob A.

After mowing, I showered and washed my hair. What a mess it was!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, No matter where we go or how much fun we have it is always nice to get home. I mowed my yard yesterday, too, and it is so hot here. We are having temps. in the high 90s and indexes at 115. Mine had to be mowed. It has almost gotten out of hand. Hope everything is good with you. Have a good weekend. Just catching up on what you have been up to.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Judy, for checking in. I know it will be another scorcher since it's 81 degrees at 5:30 AM.

ChuckFu said...

our temp got to 120

Margie's Musings said...

Wow, Keith! That's terrible.

Balisha said...

Glad to hear you had a good time. Also glad the pets were OK too. We are expecting several hot days...so I will be taking it easy. Have a nice weekend...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. You have a nice weekend too. In fact, I hope each of you have a nice weekend.