Friday, October 28, 2011

A Quieter Day

This should be a quieter day. All I have on the calendar is the meeting with Leslie at 3:30 to look at the duplex again. I probably will not take it and move because it lacks a garage or carport and my house is not appraised for enough money to warrant it. I would only come out with about $20,000 to put in my savings. But I want Leslie's input.

The in-service at the hospital was well attended and I got my flu shot while there. If the chaplains didn't take their flu shot, they have to wear masks when they visit patients. I hesitated to take on but didn't want to wear a mask so I went ahead and took the shot.

I had a real nice time at the reception honoring Jack's birthday last night. I picked up Gary and took him home afterward. Jack had a lot of cute cards. All the Living the Questions group came except the Bashams. I don't know why they didn't make it. Their neighbors and a couple of other friends came too.

When I got home I took my bath and watched the sixth game of the world series. It was very exciting. Just as Texas was counting their win and deciding whether to take their award on the field or inside, a Saint Louis player hit a home run and won the game. I loved it! So there's to be one more game.

I work again this morning.

Bobby is supposed to come out this morning and reinstall my garage door opener. I hope he can get that done because I really miss using my garage door opener instead of raising the door manually. Plus I miss the security of it being locked at night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, I am glad to see you got your blog back o.k. I got my flu shot at Walmart here this year. They had a table set up inside the front door and a nurse. I thought I would have less chance of catching something in the doctor's office by doing it in Walmart! I am like you when it comes to thinking about doing something. It seems there is an expense every week with my house plus the yard work has almost become too much for me. I have raked and mulched leaves twice already and they are still coming down. I have 10 screws and a plate in my left foot and anytime I am on it for a long time or do a lot of strenuous work, my foot starts swelling. I know I am not going to be able to do all the yard work much longer. It means I will have to hire someone to do everything that needs to be done or move to a smaller place. I have considered renting, also considered a condo. I lived in a condo before and loved it. Getting old does suck sometimes as they say. We do have our health and that is a lot to be thankful for. I enjoyed catching up with you. Have a good weekend. Love and hugs. Judy

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Judy. Yes, growing old is not for the fainthearted.

Thanks for coming by.