Thursday, December 29, 2011

Whose Training Who?

Last night Slinky woke me up three or four times before midnight. Then he slept until 3:30 and woke me again. I let him out and then back in. Then I went back to bed. About fifteen minutes later, he began crying and barking. This time I ignored him. He barked off and on for another hour and then I finally got up when it was close to 5:00 AM (my regular time to rise) and made my bed, brushed my teeth, made up my face, and got dressed. Finally after 5:15, I came into the kitchen. I was right. He didn't want out...he wanted his breakfast. But I came in to give it to him on my terms. I must train this old dog before winter gets cold or he will have me up and down all night. He is lying here now on his bed..perfectly content. (He also likes company in the morning).

I just had a piece of my pumpkin pie and went to bed at 8:30. I wanted to watch my favorite program on TV (Harry's Law) but they re-ran one I had already seen. Darn it! TV is terrible any more and definately not worth the money they charge for it. If it weren't for PBS, I'd really be up a tree.

If it's nice enough by 7:30 this morning, I'll let Slinky out. If not...he'll have to go back in the garage. He hates the garage. When I came home yesterday from work, he was delighted to get out in the 60 degree weather.

I am beginning to drink the teas Jeromy and Marlene gave me for Christmas and I am wearing my new "mother's necklace" that my kids gave me every day. It is lovely!

After work, it was a lovely day. I got my class newsletters in the mail and then took Slinky for a walk. He was delighted. But I noticed two things. He seems to limp a little and he has lost weight. I'm glad Scott will be here in January. It just might be his last time to see his dog.

When we got back home, it was still nice. I got a couple of plastic bags and cleaned up the dog doodoo out of my back yard. Then I trimmed back my peonies. If the nice weather lasts through Saturday, I will rake and bag the leaves. Today was just lovely at 60 degrees.

No comments: