Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday For Church

Today, given unforeseen circumstances, I will go to church. Bob A. is going too so he will pick me up. We will eat out with the group afterward. Then he will go up to the hospital to see Phyllis.

Yesterday was interesting. A woman whose mother had an accident at Windsor and broke her ankle, has tried to get our family to get the state involved with the investigation into Phyllis' accident. I resent her interference. She called me on Thursday while I was at work right after I had heard from the director of the unit there and encouraged me to contact the state for an investigation into Phyllis' accident. I told her then that I was checking into it myself and had talked to Eloise, who I trust to give me the results of her investigation. I told her I was not interested in pursuing it further because I was satisfied that it was a terrible accident and that it was no doubt caused by carelessness, as most "accidents " are but unless something completely unforeseen developed, that was as far as we were going to go with it. We are concentrating now on getting Phyllis well so she can eventually return to Windsor. We do not want nor need another complication.

She wouldn't let it lie. She contacted the state herself and a woman from the state, came down and had a long talk with Denise, my niece. Denise came by yesterday morning and told me about it. She wanted me to go out to Windsor and get a copy of the accident report. I did go out there to talk to Eloise but she does not work weekends. So I talked to the nurse on duty and told her about this woman's conversation with my niece and interference into the investigation into Phyllis' incident. The woman who contacted me evidently cannot let go of her own mother's incident. That's tragic for her but we don't need her interference and we are trying to concentrate on the immediate concern...getting Phyllis well.

Yesterday Phyllis' blood sugar spiked again almost to 400. We have her back on a regular pain killer for the pain and also now on insulin to try to control her diabetes. Denise goes to the hospital each noon to feed her mother and to be sure she is getting the care she needs. They don't seem to know how to tell how to treat someone who cannot communicate their needs. At least her present nurse doesn't. We have had to insist on a pain killer so she can rest and not be in constant pain. Then we had to tell them that Windsor had given her insulin at bedtime and had managed to keep her diabetes under control with that. On top of everything else, she did manage to pull her IV out. She tends to chew on her wrist or the blanket or whatever else she can get her teeth into.

Lots of concerns.

2 comments:

Betty said...

I hope you get things straightened out soon. The last thing you need is some stranger butting in and maybe causing trouble. I hope the woman will back off and leave you alone, now.

Margie's Musings said...

She had better because if she calls me back I will tell her just that. She has her own agenda and I will tell her that. I don't want her imposing her agenda on our family.