Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What A Day!

I worked very hard today. I spent the morning finishing one job I had started yesterday morning and then all afternoon helping another woman with her work.

When I got home, I cleaned the area back of my shed which was full of leaves. Then I mowed that area and trimmed it too. It looks better now then it has in ages.

When I got home from work, we had had a power outage so I had to reset the clocks and the one on the microwave. Then I discovered my wireless printer was not going to work wirelessly. It works o.k on the desktop but not on the laptop. So I got out my old printer and set it up for the laptop. The print cartridges were all dried out and even the unopened black cartridge was dried up. Luckily the new color one wasn't. I managed to print with it.

It's always something.

I ate one of my TV dinners again this evening.

This morning my brother-in-law called to say he had spoken to the doctor and the doctor told him there was a possibility that my sister would have a problem in her recovery. She might have kidney failure, she might develop a blood clot and she might get pneumonia. That was sad news but I know he just wanted to prepare us for the possibility. I was depressed all morning over it. I managed to shake it off after lunch.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Good for you! How do you "shake if off?". I try so hard, but can' succeed.

Margie's Musings said...

For one thing, I just get busy and stay busy. Then I just tell myself "there's nothing more you can do so 'get over it' " It seems to work for me.

I also see my dear friends on a regular basis. They are so good for me.