Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cakes On Tuesday

This is one of those Tuesdays that we take thirteen cakes to Independence to the First Christian Church there for their dinner tonight. I baked mine after I got home from work last night and iced them before going to bed. They are loaded in the trunk of my car now. I will leave about 7:45 or so. I also have a hair appointment in Independence and want to go to the market while I'm up there and buy some groceries.

I have a roast in the slow cooker right now. I will put onion, potatoes and carrots in with it when I get back from Independence.

I had a lot of work yesterday at work. That's good. I like to stay busy. Today they have several projects for me so I expect to be busy today too.

More later...

After my appointment and delivering the cakes, I went to Wal Mart in Independence and then on to my daughter's house. She gave me meat for our dinners. And it's great meat too.

While I was on my way there, I was ready to make a left hand turn toward my daughter's home from the left hand turn lane, when a white haired man in the right hand lane, crossed over in front of me without a signal or any warning to make the same left hand turn, and missed me by inches.

I told Leslie about it and she showed me where someone clipped her new Toyota SUV yesterday and took off some of the trim on the rear driver's side. It's an $800 repair and there wasn't even a dent. Luckily the woman had insurance.

No comments: